Fire_XXXEvent failed and return hr = -858993460
Author Message
 Fire_XXXEvent failed and return hr = -858993460

hi,
  i can't find anything that make this, it return -858993460

  hr = Fire_OutputData();
  if ( FAILED (hr ))
  {
    // ....
  }

  VC Client ( a dialog as the activex control container )
just go on, ignore this error and a VB client  show me : overflow.

  thanks a lot! very very much, i also found
http://www.*-*-*.com/
4.html
has the same dicuss as mine.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 09:36:04 GMT
 Fire_XXXEvent failed and return hr = -858993460

-858993460 is 0xCCCCCCCC which is a de{*filter*}'s way of saying
"uninitialized data". Somewhere in Fire_OutputData you have something
like

{
    HRESULT hr; // uninitialized
    return hr;

Quote:
}

--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> hi,
>   i can't find anything that make this, it return -858993460

>   hr = Fire_OutputData();
>   if ( FAILED (hr ))
>   {
>     // ....
>   }

>   VC Client ( a dialog as the activex control container )
> just go on, ignore this error and a VB client  show me : overflow.

>   thanks a lot! very very much, i also found

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:
> 4.html
> has the same dicuss as mine.

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 00:06:44 GMT
 Fire_XXXEvent failed and return hr = -858993460
Igor,

I just want to know-- did you convert the number, or just happen to know
that?

Quote:
> -858993460 is 0xCCCCCCCC

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:22:52 GMT
 Fire_XXXEvent failed and return hr = -858993460

Converted using Calculator app shipped with all versions of Windows I
know of, starting with Win3.1
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I just want to know-- did you convert the number, or just happen to
know
> that?

> > -858993460 is 0xCCCCCCCC

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:12:42 GMT
 Fire_XXXEvent failed and return hr = -858993460

In Scientific mode (the default is Standard...) :)

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Converted using Calculator app shipped with all versions of Windows I
> know of, starting with Win3.1
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > I just want to know-- did you convert the number, or just happen to
> know
> > that?

> > > -858993460 is 0xCCCCCCCC

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 06:26:23 GMT

1. setting error info without returning failure hr

2. IWebBrowser2::Refresh() returns HR 0x80040002 -- what does it mean

3. IWebBrowser2::Refresh() returns HR 0x80040002 -- what does it mean

4. Bug: Returning, assigning into array and testing against 0 fails

5. atoi ( ) to return error if fail......

6. kvlastelica@polar.hr

7. multiple returns, failed input, and gcc

8. DllRegisterServer abc.dll failed return code :0x80070716

9. Failing to update records; CanUpdate() returns non-zero

10. Failure of QueryInterface - hr = 0x80004003

11. GIT fails returning registered interface pointer

12. can't call script function in MSHTML hr=DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME