COM version
Author Message
 COM version

When running Visual Studio Anaylyser on my PC I get the
following message:-

"The client machine you just added does not have a version
of COM that is optimized for Visual Studio Anaylyser.
Install windows/NT4 SP4 or later on the client machine to
see events from COM and to improve system performance."

I am actually using windows 2000 (but no service pack).

How do I determine what version of COM I am using and are
there any service packs available specifically for COM or
are COM versions only part of service packs for Windows
NT/2000.

Steve

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:08:39 GMT
 COM version
No service packs?  Wow, you're almost suicidal :).

There is a COM+ rollup package.  http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com will
show you everything available for core systems like that.  Not sure if the
rollup will make a difference though.. just a thought.

-Dale

Quote:
> When running Visual Studio Anaylyser on my PC I get the
> following message:-

> "The client machine you just added does not have a version
> of COM that is optimized for Visual Studio Anaylyser.
> Install windows/NT4 SP4 or later on the client machine to
> see events from COM and to improve system performance."

> I am actually using windows 2000 (but no service pack).

> How do I determine what version of COM I am using and are
> there any service packs available specifically for COM or
> are COM versions only part of service packs for Windows
> NT/2000.

> Steve

Wed, 02 Mar 2005 04:09:19 GMT

1. atl com version

2. Registering Both Debug and Release version of ATL COM Dlls

3. COM DLL version

4. com library/interface version

5. Can't Compile Release version only Debug ( ATL COM server )

6. ATL COM: How do I change the component's version

7. Extract dll-Version for COM

8. Registering Both Debug and Release version of ATL COM Dlls

9. Debug version of ATL COM DLL fails to register, MinDependency OK

10. Selling your product: cnet.com, smaller.com, mobileplanet.com, regnow.com, pocketgear.com, handango.com or what?

11. ATL COM - Passing ATL COM classes through another ATL COM class in the same app

12. Debug version - Release version