ATL Control & ATL Web Service
Author Message
 ATL Control & ATL Web Service

Good Day,

Having created two ATL projects one a composite control and the other a web
service, I added a web reference to the control project and added the
generated web service proxy class to its stdafx.h file.

When I compile i receive:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsoap.h(6289) : error C2146: syntax error :
missing ';' before identifier 'm_comHeap'
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsoap.h(6507) : see reference to class template
instantiation 'ATL::CSoapHandler<THandler>' being compiled
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsoap.h(6289) : error C2501:
'ATL::CSoapHandler<THandler>::CComHeap' : missing storage-class or type
specifiers
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsoap.h(6289) : error C2501:
'ATL::CSoapHandler<THandler>::m_comHeap' : missing storage-class or type
specifier

I then added
#include "ATLComMem.h"
to the controls stdafx.h file however I now receive an error from the
registration tool when building.
I was hoping someone could explain why the first problem arose and why the
header file resolved but caused a reg problem.
Can you provide a solution.

Kind Regards
Paul Johnson.

Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:05:55 GMT
 ATL Control & ATL Web Service

regsvr32 error = 0x80029c4a = TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY

Quote:
> Good Day,

> Having created two ATL projects one a composite control and the other a
web
> service, I added a web reference to the control project and added the
> generated web service proxy class to its stdafx.h file.

> When I compile i receive:

> c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> .NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsoap.h(6289) : error C2146: syntax error :
> missing ';' before identifier 'm_comHeap'
> c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> .NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsoap.h(6507) : see reference to class template
> instantiation 'ATL::CSoapHandler<THandler>' being compiled
> c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> .NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsoap.h(6289) : error C2501:
> 'ATL::CSoapHandler<THandler>::CComHeap' : missing storage-class or type
> specifiers
> c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> .NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsoap.h(6289) : error C2501:
> 'ATL::CSoapHandler<THandler>::m_comHeap' : missing storage-class or type
> specifier

> I then added
> #include "ATLComMem.h"
> to the controls stdafx.h file however I now receive an error from the
> registration tool when building.
> I was hoping someone could explain why the first problem arose and why the
> header file resolved but caused a reg problem.
> Can you provide a solution.

> Kind Regards
> Paul Johnson.

Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:36:21 GMT

1. ATL Server Web Service w/SOAP & 98

2. ATL Server - Web Application/Web Service

3. Visual C++ Web Service & ASP Web Controls

4. Debugging ATL Server Web Services from unmanaged C++ client

5. VARIANT and ATL Web Service

6. ATL Server Web Service problem with C# client

7. ERROR Consuming ATL Web Services in C#.Net..

8. Using managed Extensions from ATL Web service

9. Datatype support in ATL Server Web Services

10. ATL server web service deployment

11. Calling ATL Web Service from ASP.NET

12. atl web service interop with apache