Passing User defined data Type in ATL
Author Message
 Passing User defined data Type in ATL

hello..
I have a question about passing UDT in atl.
It's hard to find information or documation.

the CodeProject's Document ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )
is so complex..

I want to know how to pass UDT and some examples.(Site link OK)
please help.

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:54:41 GMT
 Passing User defined data Type in ATL
I dont think so anything is complex in that article
here is outline to pass UDT
In IDL file create ur UDT
//////
library YOUR_LIB
{
      typedef [uuid(XXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX),version(1.0)]
struct YOUR_STRUCT
        {
         //Place ur member variable in here

         }YOUR_STRUCT;

Quote:
}

when u compile this IDL with MIDL its going to create Type lib. for you
so thts it.
using that Type lib u can use YOUR_STRUCT as data type in ur client like any
other data type

Vinod

Quote:
> hello..
> I have a question about passing UDT in atl.
> It's hard to find information or documation.

> the CodeProject's Document (http://www.codeproject.com/atl/udtdemo.asp)
> is so complex..

> I want to know how to pass UDT and some examples.(Site link OK)
> please help.

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:09:09 GMT
 Passing User defined data Type in ATL
The Author said that we can declare UDT in two ways.
1) explicity (inside libaray block)
2) implicity

I think that the first is easier.  but the author used the second.
Do you know the difference between them?

Quote:
> I dont think so anything is complex in that article
> here is outline to pass UDT
> In IDL file create ur UDT
> //////
> library YOUR_LIB
> {
>       typedef [uuid(XXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX),version(1.0)]
> struct YOUR_STRUCT
>         {
>          //Place ur member variable in here

>          }YOUR_STRUCT;
> }

> when u compile this IDL with MIDL its going to create Type lib. for you
> so thts it.
> using that Type lib u can use YOUR_STRUCT as data type in ur client like
any
> other data type

> Vinod

> > hello..
> > I have a question about passing UDT in atl.
> > It's hard to find information or documation.

> > the CodeProject's Document (http://www.codeproject.com/atl/udtdemo.asp)
> > is so complex..

> > I want to know how to pass UDT and some examples.(Site link OK)
> > please help.

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 07:56:58 GMT
 Passing User defined data Type in ATL
If you define your UDT outside the library block, ensure it
is mentined there so it makes it into the TLB. There's no other
difference.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> The Author said that we can declare UDT in two ways.
> 1) explicity (inside libaray block)
> 2) implicity

> I think that the first is easier.  but the author used the second.
> Do you know the difference between them?

> > I dont think so anything is complex in that article
> > here is outline to pass UDT
> > In IDL file create ur UDT
> > //////
> > library YOUR_LIB
> > {
> >       typedef [uuid(XXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX),version(1.0)]
> > struct YOUR_STRUCT
> >         {
> >          file://Place ur member variable in here

> >          }YOUR_STRUCT;
> > }

> > when u compile this IDL with MIDL its going to create Type lib. for you
> > so thts it.
> > using that Type lib u can use YOUR_STRUCT as data type in ur client like
> any
> > other data type

> > Vinod

> > > hello..
> > > I have a question about passing UDT in atl.
> > > It's hard to find information or documation.

> > > the CodeProject's Document (http://www.codeproject.com/atl/udtdemo.asp)
> > > is so complex..

> > > I want to know how to pass UDT and some examples.(Site link OK)
> > > please help.

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 09:14:06 GMT

1. Passing user defined type var between VB and VC

2. How to pass UDTs(User Defined Type Array)

3. Passing a user defined type to a DLL

4. How to pass UDTs(User Defined Type Array)

5. passing user defined type

6. Passing a user defined type to a DLL

7. User defined Type in ATL

8. Convert C++ (return type int, long, user-define, etc) function into COM/ATL

9. User Defined Data Types and Pointers

10. HELP! user-defined data types

11. Returning user defined data types

12. How To publish user defined data structures in the ATL