Redistributing atl.dll
Author Message
 Redistributing atl.dll

Does anybody have a better way of installing atl.dll on systems that need
it? I use a self extracting utility from Microsoft called atl.exe (from
MSDN) but it always asks for a reboot even when that's not needed.

--
 /"\     Adrian Edmonds
 \ /    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:29:13 GMT
 Redistributing atl.dll

Quote:
> Does anybody have a better way of installing atl.dll on systems that need
> it? I use a self extracting utility from Microsoft called atl.exe (from
> MSDN) but it always asks for a reboot even when that's not needed.

Rebuild your controls so they don't need atl.dll. It is a real pain
otherwise.

Christian.

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:45:30 GMT
 Redistributing atl.dll
Tried that i.e. MinDependency. I then ran into a documented bug that it
still calls the atl.dll so it has to ship

--
 /"\     Adrian Edmonds
 \ /    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN

Quote:
> > Does anybody have a better way of installing atl.dll on systems that
need
> > it? I use a self extracting utility from Microsoft called atl.exe (from
> > MSDN) but it always asks for a reboot even when that's not needed.

> Rebuild your controls so they don't need atl.dll. It is a real pain
> otherwise.

> Christian.

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:37:27 GMT
 Redistributing atl.dll
That's ID: Q244955

--
 /"\     Adrian Edmonds
 \ /    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN

Quote:
> > Does anybody have a better way of installing atl.dll on systems that
need
> > it? I use a self extracting utility from Microsoft called atl.exe (from
> > MSDN) but it always asks for a reboot even when that's not needed.

> Rebuild your controls so they don't need atl.dll. It is a real pain
> otherwise.

> Christian.

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:39:14 GMT
 Redistributing atl.dll

Quote:
> That's ID: Q244955

Does it work if you access the interfaces through native COM, rather than
IDispatch?

Christian.

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:00:37 GMT
 Redistributing atl.dll
Yes, but I still need atl.dll due to some scripting support code

--
 /"\     Adrian Edmonds
 \ /    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN

Quote:
> > That's ID: Q244955

> Does it work if you access the interfaces through native COM, rather than
> IDispatch?

> Christian.

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:11:20 GMT
 Redistributing atl.dll

Quote:
> Yes, but I still need atl.dll due to some scripting support code

Oh well. :-(

Christian.

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:09:57 GMT

1. Redistributing ATL.DLL

2. Redistributing msvcp50.dll and ddao35.dll

3. REPOST: Redistributing/Installign MSVCP60.DLL and MSVCRT.DLL on NT/2K/ME/XP

4. Redistributing/Installing MSVCP60.DLL and MFC42.DLL on Win2K

5. Redistributing an ATL component

6. Redistributing Dlls with DAO

7. Redistributing dbghelp.dll via Windows Installer

8. Which system DLLs to redistribute?

9. Redistributing DLLs

10. Redistributing "IE 3" COMCTL32.DLL

11. Redistributing COMCTL32.DLL