Strange phenomenom - debug & breakpoints sometimes work/otherwise don't
Author Message
 Strange phenomenom - debug & breakpoints sometimes work/otherwise don't

Hello

I have a strange problem.

On my laptop I sometimes have to re-configure to log onto different clients
networks.  This sometimes changes my debug settings.

For example, on Monday I was using my laptop as normal.  I spend quite a bit
of time debugging ActiveX controls.  I use Visual Basic 6 as the client com
controller.

If I place breakpoints in my code then press F5, VB6 is loaded and I then
load a com client program that uses my ActiveX control.  The code stops at
breakpoints as you would expect.

However, I logged onto another network, which meant I had to change network
logon (through a Wizard in Windows 2000).  Then when I went through the same
process I notice that the breakpoints become disabled (white dot) and of
course my code doesn't break at these points.  I am in debug mode - so it is
not that simple.

Can anyone help?  Is there a setting that I need to look at?

Angus Comber

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:05:59 GMT

1. Strange phenomenom - debug & breakpoints sometimes work/otherwise don't

2. Breakpoints don't work

3. Breakpoints don't work

4. Debug build works correctly but release build doesnt (sometimes)

5. debug version works, release version sometimes fails

6. Debug build works correctly but release build doesnt (sometimes)

7. Update to DataRow sometimes works and sometimes not

8. VC++ 4.0: Breakpoints don't break on NT 4.0

9. Breakpoints don't show up in IDE

10. VC++Breakpoint don't stop in Win NT 4.0

11. ACCELERATOR KEYS DON'T WORK WITH OnKeyDown BUT WORK WHEN SPY++ IS RUNNING

12. WaitForMultipleObjects doesn't work sometimes?