Can i pass the messages from MFC class to ATL control class?
Author Message
 Can i pass the messages from MFC class to ATL control class?

I m building an ATL control with events.
This ATL control class calls a MFC-CWinThread derived class to
instanstiate
another MFC-CWnd derived class that also have a capability to catch
events like OnPaint(), OnLButtonDown() etc..
i want to pass the OnLButtonDown() message to ATL class's some event
method like
OnLButtonDown() which further raise a click event on the controls
parent form means on which control is dropped.

One more thing i also want to get the hwnd of the window on which
control is dropped?

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:28:03 GMT
 Can i pass the messages from MFC class to ATL control class?

Quote:
> I m building an ATL control with events.
> This ATL control class calls a MFC-CWinThread derived class to
> instanstiate
> another MFC-CWnd derived class that also have a capability to catch
> events like OnPaint(), OnLButtonDown() etc..
> i want to pass the OnLButtonDown() message to ATL class's some event
> method like
> OnLButtonDown() which further raise a click event on the controls
> parent form means on which control is dropped.

See http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/com/1.htm

Quote:
> One more thing i also want to get the hwnd of the window on which
> control is dropped?

IOleInPlaceSite::GetWindow. See CComControl::m_spInPlaceSite
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 07:06:26 GMT

1. ATL COM - Passing ATL COM classes through another ATL COM class in the same app

2. Q: How to pass message back from a class in a class

3. Losing MFC class specific messages in Class Wizard

4. ATL class in non-ATL class

5. Pass control-focus to control from a manager class

6. Creating a DLL in MFC to store a class not derived from an MFC class

7. Pass an ATL class to VB and IDL definition

8. can an existing connection pass into a atl class

9. Passing strings to an ATL class method

10. Accessing COM class members when passed in to a COM class

11. Passing messages between Classes

12. User defined message passing between classes.