Service debug question
Author Message
 Service debug question

Dear all,
Please show me how to debug "run function" in atl service.
Regards,
John

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:35:00 GMT
 Service debug question
Do you have to debug it when run as a service, or normal EXE server
launch is ok too? In the latter case you simply place a breakpoint and
hit F5. In the former case, place a call to DebugBreak and when this
is hit, press Cancel to go into the de{*filter*} (you start the service from
the Services CPL applet).

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/
=====================================

Quote:

> Dear all,
> Please show me how to debug "run function" in atl service.
> Regards,
> John

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 02:28:40 GMT
 Service debug question
it runs as a service...

Do you have to debug it when run as a service, or normal EXE server
launch is ok too? In the latter case you simply place a breakpoint and
hit F5. In the former case, place a call to DebugBreak and when this
is hit, press Cancel to go into the de{*filter*} (you start the service from
the Services CPL applet).

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/
=====================================

Quote:
> Dear all,
> Please show me how to debug "run function" in atl service.
> Regards,
> John

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:46:00 GMT

1. Windows Service debugging question

2. problem: debugging a service while logged in via terminal services client

3. Windows Service (not a web service) question

4. Debugging ATL Server Web Services from unmanaged C++ client

5. Debug service

6. Web service debugging problem

7. How to debug a Web Service?

8. How to Debug Windows Service Application

9. how to debug a serviced component?

10. Debugging a windows service

11. Problem Debugging Threads in a Windows Service Application

12. debug into service