Composite Control using rich edit control question
Author Message
 Composite Control using rich edit control question

I have a composite control which contains a RichEdit control which I am
subclassing through my own class CLARichEdit which is defined like this:
class CLARichEdit : public CWindowImpl<CLARichEdit, CRichEditCtrl>
public:
DECLARE_WND_SUPERCLASS(NULL, CRichEditCtrl::GetWndClassName())

I have a function called AttachControl where I am calling SubclassWindow.
Every thing works fine except trying to select text. If I double click in a
word it selects the word fine and if I use the keyboad it works fine. But if
I hold the mouse button down and try to drag and select it will not work. If
anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Kurt

Tue, 25 May 2004 00:38:29 GMT
 Composite Control using rich edit control question
Did you override any of the mouse messages?

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> I have a composite control which contains a RichEdit control which I am
> subclassing through my own class CLARichEdit which is defined like this:
> class CLARichEdit : public CWindowImpl<CLARichEdit, CRichEditCtrl>
> public:
> DECLARE_WND_SUPERCLASS(NULL, CRichEditCtrl::GetWndClassName())

> I have a function called AttachControl where I am calling SubclassWindow.
> Every thing works fine except trying to select text. If I double click in
> word it selects the word fine and if I use the keyboad it works fine. But
if
> I hold the mouse button down and try to drag and select it will not work.
If
> anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

> Kurt

Tue, 25 May 2004 06:19:52 GMT

1. Using Rich Edit Control or ip address control in a composite control

2. Using Rich Edit in composite control

3. Rich Edit in a composite control

4. Rich edit control on Control dialog bar

5. Controlling Scrolling in Rich Edit Control

6. Using Hyperlinks in Rich Edit Control to open another application

7. Using a rich edit control in a dialog in a DLL

8. Using Rich Edit Control

9. A composite control calling another composite control in web browser

10. Composite control hosted by a composite control.

11. question on MFC rich edit control

12. A few questions on Rich Edit Control