debugging dll from ASP pages
Author Message
 debugging dll from ASP pages

hi ,
I need to debug a DLL developed in vc++ while testing it  from my ASP pages.
( i deliberately need to do it from ASP because .. the same DLL does
intended work when i tested it from VB ..but behaves differently from ASP
code )

thanx in advance
srinivas

Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:54:20 GMT
 debugging dll from ASP pages
Hi Srinivas,

Off the top of my head, this is what I do:

- Configure the site to run in-process (low isolation)
- Start up Visual Studio 6
- Build -> Start Debug -> Attach to Process
- Check 'Show system processes'
- Attach to INETINFO.EXE
- Go to Project Settings -> Debug -> Additional DLLs
- Add the DLL that's registered and used in the ASP page
- Open the source file you're interested in
- Set breakpoints

That should do it.

--
Best regards,
Kim Gr?sman

Quote:
> hi ,
> I need to debug a DLL developed in vc++ while testing it  from my ASP
pages.
> ( i deliberately need to do it from ASP because .. the same DLL does
> intended work when i tested it from VB ..but behaves differently from ASP
> code )

> thanx in advance
> srinivas

Sun, 09 Oct 2005 22:29:38 GMT
 debugging dll from ASP pages
thanx kim for the prompt reply
actually my attach  process list was empty..
so i used the content in the following link..
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnse...
thanx again

Quote:
> Hi Srinivas,

> Off the top of my head, this is what I do:

> - Configure the site to run in-process (low isolation)
> - Start up Visual Studio 6
> - Build -> Start Debug -> Attach to Process
> - Check 'Show system processes'
> - Attach to INETINFO.EXE
> - Go to Project Settings -> Debug -> Additional DLLs
> - Add the DLL that's registered and used in the ASP page
> - Open the source file you're interested in
> - Set breakpoints

> That should do it.

> --
> Best regards,
> Kim Gr?sman

> > hi ,
> > I need to debug a DLL developed in vc++ while testing it  from my ASP
> pages.
> > ( i deliberately need to do it from ASP because .. the same DLL does
> > intended work when i tested it from VB ..but behaves differently from
ASP
> > code )

> > thanx in advance
> > srinivas

Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:42:24 GMT

1. Debugging ATL COM objects called from asp pages

2. Debugging C++ COM Object called from ASP page

3. Help debugging an atl com in asp page?

4. Debugging a C++ component from an ASP page

5. Debugging C++ COM Object called from ASP page

6. Help debugging atl component from asp page?

7. How to debug the codebehind of ASP page ?

8. Can't Debug COM dll from ASP

9. Debugging VB dll sitting in COM+, called by ASP

10. how to debug a dll in a ASP ?

11. How to debug a atl com dll used by VB dll which is again used by an ASp page

12. Property page : Debug exe not working with Release DLL (vc6)