How to create/use a COM/ATL dll with 2 apps without making a memory copy of the COM
Author Message
 How to create/use a COM/ATL dll with 2 apps without making a memory copy of the COM

I have 2 apps (VB and VC), they both use the same COM object (VC ATL).
The COM contains a array and get/set methods.

For the moment, when I launch the 2 appications at the same time, they
use a memory copy of the COM.

I would like to share the same data between the 2 apps (i.e. no memory
copy of the COM dll) to be able to exchange data between the 2
applications.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:58:09 GMT
 How to create/use a COM/ATL dll with 2 apps without making a memory copy of the COM
Use an out-of-proc (EXE) server and a singleton object.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> I have 2 apps (VB and VC), they both use the same COM object (VC ATL).
> The COM contains a array and get/set methods.

> For the moment, when I launch the 2 appications at the same time, they
> use a memory copy of the COM.

> I would like to share the same data between the 2 apps (i.e. no memory
> copy of the COM dll) to be able to exchange data between the 2
> applications.

> Can anyone shed any light on this?

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 02:27:38 GMT

1. ATL COM - Passing ATL COM classes through another ATL COM class in the same app

2. copying CObject-derived-classes to shared memory (created using Memory-Mapped file)

3. Using VB.NET Class in C# without making as DLL

4. ATL COM DLL without proxy/stub

5. HOWTO: MDI App, Each View a Dockable Contained COM Control, Using All ATL If Possible

6. Problems using an MFC/ATL Multithreaded COM Obj with an MFC app

7. creating com+ component using atl smartptr

8. Problem creating ToolBar/Statusbar in a ATL COM DLL

9. Problem creating ToolBar/Statusbar in a ATL COM DLL

10. Problem using activex control inside ATL com dll

11. Using MFC to build a COM dll rather than ATL

12. ATL-COM DLL crashes when using STL container