ATL COM component is giving a list of problems
Author Message
 ATL COM component is giving a list of problems

I am using a ATL COM component in my vb application on win
98 machine having VB sp5, Dcom98 and IE 5.5.

Problem 1

Now my component is having few exposed methods for
initiliazing and deinitiliazing.

 When I am creating Two instences of the same component in
the same form only one component is responding!!! which is
initialized second.

Problem 2

  Secondly It works for the first time when I am using one
component on one of the form.
 When I open the same form again after closing the
aplication through VB IDE then it gives different messages
as listed below

1. caused an invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL
   at 0167:6601452b.
2. VB6 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL
   at 0167:bff886e7.
3. VB6 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL
   at XXX
4. VB6 caused an invalid page fault in module VBA6.DLL
5. VB6 caused an exception c0000026H in module
   KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff88539.

Problem 3

 When I am creating EXE file of VB application then on
Execution the component gives Accessviolation error.

If any body has came across any of the problem or know the
solutions please let me know.

Thanking all of you.

Rajesh

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 15:08:13 GMT
 ATL COM component is giving a list of problems
Hi Rajesh,

Quote:
> Now my component is having few exposed methods for
> initiliazing and deinitiliazing.

> When I am creating Two instences of the same component in
> the same form only one component is responding!!! which is
> initialized second.

Could you post the implementations of your init/deinit methods, unless
they're very lengthy?

--
Best regards,
Kim Gr?sman

Quote:
> I am using a ATL COM component in my vb application on win
> 98 machine having VB sp5, Dcom98 and IE 5.5.

> Problem 1

> Now my component is having few exposed methods for
> initiliazing and deinitiliazing.

>  When I am creating Two instences of the same component in
> the same form only one component is responding!!! which is
> initialized second.

> Problem 2

>   Secondly It works for the first time when I am using one
> component on one of the form.
>  When I open the same form again after closing the
> aplication through VB IDE then it gives different messages
> as listed below

> 1. caused an invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL
>    at 0167:6601452b.
> 2. VB6 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL
>    at 0167:bff886e7.
> 3. VB6 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL
>    at XXX
> 4. VB6 caused an invalid page fault in module VBA6.DLL
> 5. VB6 caused an exception c0000026H in module
>    KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff88539.

> Problem 3

>  When I am creating EXE file of VB application then on
> Execution the component gives Accessviolation error.

> If any body has came across any of the problem or know the
> solutions please let me know.

> Thanking all of you.

> Rajesh

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 20:41:44 GMT

1. Problem converting VC6 ATL component to a .NET 2003 VC ATL component

2. COM Components to be listed in available Components of Packe wizard

3. VC++/ATL COM ASP component thread problem.

4. ATL COM - Passing ATL COM classes through another ATL COM class in the same app

5. Re-use ATL GUI component in another ATL GUI component

6. Using CDaoDatabase/CDaoRecordset from inside an ATL/MFC COM Component

7. Passing a 2D SafeArray from VB client to ATL COM component

8. creating com+ component using atl smartptr

9. Popularity ATL 7 COM component?

10. ATL COM component instanciation

11. COM/ATL component without a factory class

12. Invoking the eVC debugger (for an ATL COM component) thru an eVB application