Method definition in an IDL file
Author Message
 Method definition in an IDL file

Hello there,
I've got an interface named IMyInterface2, which is derived from
IMyInterface1. The question is that whether I have to declare all of those
methods already defined in IMyInterface1 in IMyInterface2 too. (I mean in
the IDL file).

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Cheers,
Mehdi
--
MSVC++ programmer and a web developer
Wanna create your own ISAPI extensions? Take a look at my latest article:

Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:40:27 GMT
 Method definition in an IDL file
No, you can't - you inherited them already.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Hello there,
> I've got an interface named IMyInterface2, which is derived from
> IMyInterface1. The question is that whether I have to declare all of those
> methods already defined in IMyInterface1 in IMyInterface2 too. (I mean in
> the IDL file).

> Any help would be highly appreciated,

> Cheers,
> Mehdi
> --
> MSVC++ programmer and a web developer
> Wanna create your own ISAPI extensions? Take a look at my latest article:
> http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/isapi_extensions.asp

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:42:32 GMT

1. Including an IDL file in an IDL file

2. IDL file problem : method parameters

3. importing mshtml.idl in IDL file

4. Pass an ATL class to VB and IDL definition

5. ComboBox List - like property definition in IDL

6. Interface definition outside of Library in .IDL

7. marking methods as hidden in IDL

8. help with deleting IDL method

9. IDL Methods returning values

10. How to use IStream parameter in IDL method declaration

11. Add methods to an existing object (IDL problem)

12. Using enum types in IDL interface methods?