vc7 Internal Compiler Error with boost tuple library
Author Message
 vc7 Internal Compiler Error with boost tuple library

Has anyone had any success compiling boost/tuple.hpp in vc7?  It used to
compile in vc6 (with caveat of having to define _GLOBAL_USING for the
dinkumware stl (3.0.8) we were using )

Thanks in advance

bille

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:24:18 GMT
 vc7 Internal Compiler Error with boost tuple library
There are known issues with compiling a lot of Boost code with the Visual
C++ .NET (aka Visual C++ 7.0) compiler. These problems are due mostly to the
fact that the compiler does not support features like partial
specialization, partial ordering as well as other problems.

The next version of the Visual C++ compiler is specifically targetted at
being able to compile modern C++ template class libraries like Boost with
zero source workarounds required.

--
Jonathan Caves
Microsoft Corporation

> Has anyone had any success compiling boost/tuple.hpp in vc7?  It used to
> compile in vc6 (with caveat of having to define _GLOBAL_USING for the
> dinkumware stl (3.0.8) we were using )

> Thanks in advance

> bille

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:32:35 GMT

1. vc7 Internal Compiler Error with boost tuple library

2. vc7 Internal Compiler Error with boost tuple library

3. /Gm option (minimal rebuild) produces INTERNAL COMPILER Error with boost::graph

4. Internal Compiler Error [VC7.1]

5. VC7.1: Internal compiler error in STL headers

6. VC7 internal compiler error using comparison function object with std::sort

7. another VC7.1 INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

8. Internal Compiler Error in VC7

9. VC++6.0/SP3 Compiler Error: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

10. C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler files 'msc1.cpp', line 2844)

11. C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)

12. INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR - compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)