release version of ATL dll
Author Message
 release version of ATL dll

does anyone know what needs to be linked in to satisfy a unresolved
reference to _errno in an ATL dll ?
i can't believe it is so much f*cking trouble just to generate a release
build with ATL.

i am pretty much at the point where I am going to just forget about the size
of this thing and distribute our debug build because i can't waste anymore
time on something that should've been a simple flip of a setting.  please
don't suggest _ATL_MIN_CRT  , it isn't defined and as far as i can tell
never was.

sorry for the rant - any help would be appreciated.

Sun, 23 May 2004 00:10:28 GMT
 release version of ATL dll
Do you use errno or _errno? You should use the one without an underscore.
There is some preprocessor magic going on to make that link.

Even though you seem to be positive, do double-check that _ATL_MIN_CRT is
_not_ present in Project | Settings | C/C++ | Preprocessor definitions. Make
sure you choose appropriate configuration in Settings For combo at the top
left corner of Project Settings dialog.

Try a Rebuild All.

As the last resort, try wading through KB Article Q138400 "Troubleshooting
LNK2001 or L2029 Unresolved External Errors". It specifically mentions errno
and the problems with it that happen when single- and multithreaded flavors
of RTL are mixed.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> does anyone know what needs to be linked in to satisfy a unresolved
> reference to _errno in an ATL dll ?
> i can't believe it is so much f*cking trouble just to generate a release
> build with ATL.

> i am pretty much at the point where I am going to just forget about the
size
> of this thing and distribute our debug build because i can't waste anymore
> time on something that should've been a simple flip of a setting.  please
> don't suggest _ATL_MIN_CRT  , it isn't defined and as far as i can tell
> never was.

> sorry for the rant - any help would be appreciated.

Sun, 23 May 2004 00:47:51 GMT
 release version of ATL dll
thanks igor - i'll look into it that KB

Quote:
> Do you use errno or _errno? You should use the one without an underscore.
> There is some preprocessor magic going on to make that link.

> Even though you seem to be positive, do double-check that _ATL_MIN_CRT is
> _not_ present in Project | Settings | C/C++ | Preprocessor definitions.
Make
> sure you choose appropriate configuration in Settings For combo at the top
> left corner of Project Settings dialog.

> Try a Rebuild All.

> As the last resort, try wading through KB Article Q138400 "Troubleshooting
> LNK2001 or L2029 Unresolved External Errors". It specifically mentions
errno
> and the problems with it that happen when single- and multithreaded
flavors
> of RTL are mixed.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
> wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > does anyone know what needs to be linked in to satisfy a unresolved
> > reference to _errno in an ATL dll ?
> > i can't believe it is so much f*cking trouble just to generate a release
> > build with ATL.

> > i am pretty much at the point where I am going to just forget about the
> size
> > of this thing and distribute our debug build because i can't waste
anymore
> > time on something that should've been a simple flip of a setting.
please
> > don't suggest _ATL_MIN_CRT  , it isn't defined and as far as i can tell
> > never was.

> > sorry for the rant - any help would be appreciated.

Sun, 23 May 2004 02:26:41 GMT
 release version of ATL dll
well i had all the settings as they should be.
except the output directory for a subproject .lib - turns out i was always
linking in an old lib and the setting changes i was making were not having
any effect.

dopey me.

Quote:
> thanks igor - i'll look into it that KB

> > Do you use errno or _errno? You should use the one without an
underscore.
> > There is some preprocessor magic going on to make that link.

> > Even though you seem to be positive, do double-check that _ATL_MIN_CRT
is
> > _not_ present in Project | Settings | C/C++ | Preprocessor definitions.
> Make
> > sure you choose appropriate configuration in Settings For combo at the
top
> > left corner of Project Settings dialog.

> > Try a Rebuild All.

> > As the last resort, try wading through KB Article Q138400
"Troubleshooting
> > LNK2001 or L2029 Unresolved External Errors". It specifically mentions
> errno
> > and the problems with it that happen when single- and multithreaded
> flavors
> > of RTL are mixed.
> > --
> > With best wishes,
> >     Igor Tandetnik

> > "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat,
and
> > wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > > does anyone know what needs to be linked in to satisfy a unresolved
> > > reference to _errno in an ATL dll ?
> > > i can't believe it is so much f*cking trouble just to generate a
release
> > > build with ATL.

> > > i am pretty much at the point where I am going to just forget about
the
> > size
> > > of this thing and distribute our debug build because i can't waste
> anymore
> > > time on something that should've been a simple flip of a setting.
> please
> > > don't suggest _ATL_MIN_CRT  , it isn't defined and as far as i can
tell
> > > never was.

> > > sorry for the rant - any help would be appreciated.

Sun, 23 May 2004 02:45:19 GMT

1. Building release version of ATL DLL

2. Registering Both Debug and Release version of ATL COM Dlls

3. Registering Both Debug and Release version of ATL COM Dlls

4. STL+ATL = link error in release version!?!

5. Can't Compile Release version only Debug ( ATL COM server )

6. Debugging release version of dll.

7. Is it OK to mixing debug versions and release verions of MFC extension DLLs

8. Dll's with different names for debug-/release-Version

9. need RELEASE versions of MFC dlls

10. Determining Which DLL Need To Be Put On A Release Version Distribution Disk

11. HELP : link error in release version of MFC dll

12. Release version DLL doesn't work with VB front end