Reading <PARAM> properties passed to ATL Control from IE?
Author Message
 Reading <PARAM> properties passed to ATL Control from IE?

Hello....

In VB, if I wanted to read <PARAM> properties passed by IE to the control, I
had a UserControl_ReadProperties event that gave me a PropertyBag to read
from - how do I accomplish this similar functionality in ATL? I have an ATL
Lite Composite Control and have already added my properties to my interface.

--
Sincerely,

Josh Mitts

*** Please post all questions & answers to the newsgroup, I am unable to
reply to e-mail questions ***

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 07:11:34 GMT
 Reading <PARAM> properties passed to ATL Control from IE?
Greets,

    For best flexibility (and to avoid problems with the property map not
handling BSTR properties properly), just derive your object from
IPersistPropertyBag and implement its interfaces.  You will need to make
sure you also add the IPersistPropertyBag interface to the COM map.  Your
implemented methods will be passed an IPropertyBag interface that you can
use to retrieve the PARAM values.

Regards,

Joe

Quote:
> Hello....

> In VB, if I wanted to read <PARAM> properties passed by IE to the control,
> had a UserControl_ReadProperties event that gave me a PropertyBag to read
> from - how do I accomplish this similar functionality in ATL? I have an
ATL
> Lite Composite Control and have already added my properties to my
interface.

> --
> Sincerely,

> Josh Mitts

> *** Please post all questions & answers to the newsgroup, I am unable to
> reply to e-mail questions ***

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:05:21 GMT
 Reading <PARAM> properties passed to ATL Control from IE?
You can refer to Q167654 "HOWTO: Visual C++ 5.0 (Professional & Enterprise)
Support FAQ" Question 15.

Good Luck!

yhhuang
ICQ:91074870

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:06:43 GMT

1. <<<<<<<Parsing help, please>>>>>>>>

2. File Format conversion, ascii freeform -->.csv <-->.wk1<-->dbf<-->?HELP

3. <<<>>>Need C code advice with functions and sorting.<<<>>>

5. >>>Windows Service<<<

6. activeX and <param>

7. <PARAM> in ActiveX

8. Help Sought ->Incomplete Data In Param Passing

9. the invalid data of the param passed to createthread function in atl framework

10. Read PARAM tag from an ATL container

11. >>>> DATA CONTROL <<<

12. <<<New to Group: Is ATL Dead? Is COM dead?>>>