COM EXE Server Registration?
Author Message
 COM EXE Server Registration?

I can not get my com server to register CLSID's or ProgID's in the register.
I does register the interfaces but why not the ClassID and progid? I am not
calling CoRegisterClassObject or adding registery by myselft, I thought ATL
did that for me? How do I get my CLSID's and ProgID registered?

Also, my app has it's own params and when I do /RegServer I get invalid
command line..bla bla bla. Do I have to run RegServer anyway because ATL
should do it for me.. AND I didn't see code insert to handle RegServer from
the command line or do I have to do this?

Thanks,
mike

Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:55:02 GMT
 COM EXE Server Registration?
See inline:

Quote:
> I can not get my com server to register CLSID's or ProgID's in the
register.
> I does register the interfaces but why not the ClassID and progid? I am
not
> calling CoRegisterClassObject or adding registery by myselft, I thought
ATL
> did that for me? How do I get my CLSID's and ProgID registered?

Your ATL wizard created project should have a .rgs file for each CoClass in
your project.  This registry file is used by the ATL registra to add &
remove entries to/from the registry during registration & unregistration. If
you are finding that your CLSID & ProgID aren't being registered, their
entries may be missing from these files.  Should look something like:

HKCR
{
    MyObject.1.1 = s 'My Description'
    {
        CLSID = s '{7667FB01-3304-11d4-BB83-00C04FA4FE9C}'
    }

    MyObject= s 'My Description'
    {
        CLSID = s '{7667FB01-3304-11d4-BB83-00C04FA4FE9C}'
        CurVer = 1.1
    }

    NoRemove CLSID
    {
        ForceRemove {7667FB01-3304-11d4-BB83-00C04FA4FE9C} = s 'My
Description'
        {
            ProgID = s 'MyObject.2001.1'
            VersionIndependentProgID = s 'MyObject'
            ForceRemove 'Programmable'
            InprocServer32 = s '%MODULE%'
            {
                val ThreadingModel = s 'Apartment'
            }
            'TypeLib' = s '{B302D9C3-3860-11D4-BB85-00C04FA4FE9C}'
        }
    }

Quote:
}

You can clearly see the Appid & Clsid entries.

Quote:
> Also, my app has it's own params and when I do /RegServer I get invalid
> command line..bla bla bla. Do I have to run RegServer anyway because ATL
> should do it for me.. AND I didn't see code insert to handle RegServer
from
> the command line or do I have to do this?

Again, the default ATL implementation provides this functionality in the
file with the same name as the project. Take a look at your _tWinMain
implementation. These should be a while loop that parses the command line
and handles the standard /RegServer, /Service & /UnregServer command line
parameters.  If you've removed this, copy it from a fresh ATL project.

Quote:

> Thanks,
> mike

Hope this helps,

Andy

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:35:15 GMT

1. Verify the successful registration for exe COM server

2. Lifetime of EXE COM server that uses DLL COM server

3. EXE COM Server Possible in C#?

4. Serialize access to COM exe Server (long)

5. Using one COM exe server within another

6. COM servers in EXE

7. COM EXE Server - please make me sane

8. COM exe server

9. Shutdown EXE COM Server

10. Using BSTR in COM Exe server

11. COM Exe Server locking...

12. Beep problem with COM EXE server after 30 minutes