Start Office-Programm like Word within an ATL Dialog
Author Message
 Start Office-Programm like Word within an ATL Dialog

We created an Dialog with pure ATL and tried to implement an Container to
start an Office-Programm.
The Container is based an the CAxWindow Class.
We tried the following call and got a lot of errors:

 hr =  m_axOleWindow.CreateControl(L"Word.Document.6");

Can anybody give us an sample ( without MFC ) how this can work ?

thanks a lot.
Rolf & Manfred

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:03:50 GMT
 Start Office-Programm like Word within an ATL Dialog
Word.Document is not an ActiveX control, it is an Active Document Server.
There is an MFC-based sample of Active Document container (MFCBIND) and pure
API-based one (Framer). No ATL sample, unfortunately, so you'll have to
adapt one of those two.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:
> We created an Dialog with pure ATL and tried to implement an Container to
> start an Office-Programm.
> The Container is based an the CAxWindow Class.
> We tried the following call and got a lot of errors:

>  hr =  m_axOleWindow.CreateControl(L"Word.Document.6");

> Can anybody give us an sample ( without MFC ) how this can work ?

> thanks a lot.
> Rolf & Manfred

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 01:16:28 GMT

1. Converter for pocket word into word from Office XP

2. Start Dialog within MFC-Dll

3. disable a Buttoin from within the programm

4. Combo box within ATL dialog

5. Start programm

6. Resizable Modelsss Dialog within ATL component?

7. Starting programm...

8. Access liked dialog

9. Can't spawn UI for MS Word or Any MS Office Application from asmx

10. Documentation for Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Application?

11. Web Services and Office Word

12. The way cool Open button in Word for Office 2000