Shell extension under VS.NET
Author Message
 Shell extension under VS.NET

Hello,

    I am writing a shell extension under VS.NET and have run into a
problem.

    IShellExtInit::Initialize takes an HKEY as the last parameter, but
the MIDL compiler complains that it can't work with a void or void
derived type:

    d:\Visual Studio\My Projects\VC\Freeware\ISOBurn\ISOBurn.idl(20):
error MIDL2139 : type of the parameter cannot derive from void or void
* : [ Type 'HKEY' ( Parameter 'hProgID' ) ]

    I have looked on MSDN and a few books I have. They use the HKEY
type in their examples as well.

    Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:28:33 GMT
 Shell extension under VS.NET
You don't need to mention IShellExtInit in IDL at all. It being
non-marshallable, there's no point.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hello,

>     I am writing a shell extension under VS.NET and have run into a
> problem.

>     IShellExtInit::Initialize takes an HKEY as the last parameter, but
> the MIDL compiler complains that it can't work with a void or void
> derived type:

>     d:\Visual Studio\My Projects\VC\Freeware\ISOBurn\ISOBurn.idl(20):
> error MIDL2139 : type of the parameter cannot derive from void or void
> * : [ Type 'HKEY' ( Parameter 'hProgID' ) ]

>     I have looked on MSDN and a few books I have. They use the HKEY
> type in their examples as well.

>     Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

> Thanks in advance!

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:46:07 GMT

1. Shell extension using MFC extension DLLs

2. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

3. Enums and Intellisense in VS.NET using Managed C++ extensions

4. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

5. Shell Extensions donot get called in Web Folders

6. shell extension about IExtractImage

7. shell extension?plugin?

8. Windows Shell Extension to file explorer using csharp

9. Shell Extension

10. dll register and unregister shell extension

11. Shell Extension doesnt work

12. Shell Extension Property Page data?