Struct & Dual
Author Message
 Struct & Dual

Hi,
Why is that when i whant to move a struct member that i declare in the idl
through a Dual interface
i always get warrnings:
"
D:\dev\Map\Acquisition\ConfigurationMgr\Sources\Code\ConfigurationMgr.idl(52
) : warning MIDL2039 : interface does not conform to [oleautomation]
attribute : [ Parameter 'pAcq' of Procedure 'GetAcqParam' ( Interface
'IAsiConfigurationMgr' ) ]
"

Thanks.

Thu, 09 Sep 2004 19:32:06 GMT
 Struct & Dual
To declare structs in IDL files, you typically do :

[
 uuid(<your uuid>)
]
struct YOURSTRUCT
{
 // place here oleautomation-compliant members

Quote:
};

[ oleautomation ] or [ dual ]
interface IYourInterface
{
    [id(1)] HRESULT Test([in] struct YOURSTRUCT s);

Quote:
}

--
Frederic Claux

Quote:
> Hi,
> Why is that when i whant to move a struct member that i declare in the idl
> through a Dual interface
> i always get warrnings:
> "

D:\dev\Map\Acquisition\ConfigurationMgr\Sources\Code\ConfigurationMgr.idl(52
Quote:
> ) : warning MIDL2039 : interface does not conform to [oleautomation]
> attribute : [ Parameter 'pAcq' of Procedure 'GetAcqParam' ( Interface
> 'IAsiConfigurationMgr' ) ]
> "

> Thanks.

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:16:30 GMT
 Struct & Dual
Read item 4 in the COM/ATL FAQ in my signature for all the nitty gritty
details on using structs (aka UDTs) in Automation.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Hi,
> Why is that when i whant to move a struct member that i declare in the idl
> through a Dual interface
> i always get warrnings:
> "
> D:\dev\Map\Acquisition\ConfigurationMgr\Sources\Code\ConfigurationMgr.idl(52
> ) : warning MIDL2039 : interface does not conform to [oleautomation]
> attribute : [ Parameter 'pAcq' of Procedure 'GetAcqParam' ( Interface
> 'IAsiConfigurationMgr' ) ]
> "

> Thanks.

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 03:28:04 GMT

1. run time error when passing a pointer to struct for a dual interface

2. Malloc & structs contain struct*

3. Passing &struct instead of *struct

4. VC & dual processor

5. MFC & Dual Monitor Issues

6. dual interfaces & more than on interface

7. Struct & Malloc

8. More help with structs & pointers

9. Help with structs & pointers

10. C Standard & assigning to structs