Registering ActiveX control fails
Author Message
 Registering ActiveX control fails

I have an ActiveX control that registers fine on one system
but on another gives:

LoadLibrary("mycontrol.ocx") failed - A dynamic link library (DLL)
initialization routine failed.

I have all required dependencies on the system.  What might
be causing this?

Thanks,
Drew

Mon, 24 May 2004 05:01:18 GMT
 Registering ActiveX control fails
Hello Drew,

Quote:
> I have an ActiveX control that gives:
> LoadLibrary("mycontrol.ocx") failed - A dynamic link library (DLL)
> initialization routine failed.
> I have all required dependencies on the system.  What might
> be causing this?

Probably you have another DLL versions on this PC. Try running Dependency
Walker utility there, plus check imported DLL versions.

--
Cheers,
Vadim Melnik,

Mon, 24 May 2004 06:21:09 GMT
 Registering ActiveX control fails

Quote:

> Hello Drew,

> > I have an ActiveX control that gives:
> > LoadLibrary("mycontrol.ocx") failed - A dynamic link library (DLL)
> > initialization routine failed.
> > I have all required dependencies on the system.  What might
> > be causing this?

> Probably you have another DLL versions on this PC. Try running Dependency
> Walker utility there, plus check imported DLL versions.

Or try PE Explorer (http://www.heaventools.com) to find it out.

~~~~~~~
Cheers,
Sashja :)

Mon, 24 May 2004 23:18:37 GMT

1. VC++ 6.0 fails to install/register activex controls?

2. Register ActiveX control in IDE Fails (0x00000485)

3. Register ActiveX control in IDE Fails (0x00000485)

4. Registering an MFC ActiveX control made with VC.NET fails

5. VC fails to register ActiveX control

6. ATL ActiveX Control hosting code fails to initialize ActiveX Controls on Win9x

7. CreateControl fails with control registered

8. Checking if an activex control registered

9. ActiveX control registered as a MIME type viewer

10. VC Hangs when registering ActiveX Control

11. My IDE Lost my registered ActiveX Controls

12. IDE crashing when registering ActiveX controls and DLLs