Dynamic Method call ( Invoke method ) failing in service when compiled as ReleaseMinDependancy
Author Message
 Dynamic Method call ( Invoke method ) failing in service when compiled as ReleaseMinDependancy

Hello friends..

I have developed a server which is running as service.. for our webcentric
app.
when i compiled the service in win32 debug, itz working fine, Itz calling
methods from the MTS components dynamically without any problem..But when i
tried to compile in win32 ReleaseMinDependancy..itz failing to invoke
components methods dynamicall.

I could'nt find any related documents from msdn.

hey can anybody help me in solving this problem..imdtly as my service
release date is nearing....please

Arun Devadiga

Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:31:53 GMT
 Dynamic Method call ( Invoke method ) failing in service when compiled as ReleaseMinDependancy
Failing in what way? Crashes? Returns failed HRESULT (which one)?
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hello friends..

> I have developed a server which is running as service.. for our
webcentric
> app.
> when i compiled the service in win32 debug, itz working fine, Itz
calling
> methods from the MTS components dynamically without any problem..But
when i
> tried to compile in win32 ReleaseMinDependancy..itz failing to invoke
> components methods dynamicall.

> I could'nt find any related documents from msdn.

> hey can anybody help me in solving this problem..imdtly as my service
> release date is nearing....please

> Arun Devadiga

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:25:39 GMT
 Dynamic Method call ( Invoke method ) failing in service when compiled as ReleaseMinDependancy
hellooo Igor...

thanks for responding my problem..

The error logged in the event viewer is like this ( here source is custom
source )
Description : ->Unknown error 0xC0000005  Source : ->CMessage->ExecuteMethod
Help File :   Help Context : 0  Error Code : 0

hey can u please help me..still i am in dark..

thanks for ur time and kindness

Arun Devadiga

> Failing in what way? Crashes? Returns failed HRESULT (which one)?
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > Hello friends..

> > I have developed a server which is running as service.. for our
> webcentric
> > app.
> > when i compiled the service in win32 debug, itz working fine, Itz
> calling
> > methods from the MTS components dynamically without any problem..But
> when i
> > tried to compile in win32 ReleaseMinDependancy..itz failing to invoke
> > components methods dynamicall.

> > I could'nt find any related documents from msdn.

> > hey can anybody help me in solving this problem..imdtly as my service
> > release date is nearing....please

> > Arun Devadiga

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:24:53 GMT
 Dynamic Method call ( Invoke method ) failing in service when compiled as ReleaseMinDependancy
0xC0000005 = Access Violation in the code.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> hellooo Igor...

> thanks for responding my problem..

> The error logged in the event viewer is like this ( here source is custom
> source )
> Description : ->Unknown error 0xC0000005  Source

: ->CMessage->ExecuteMethod
Quote:
> Help File :   Help Context : 0  Error Code : 0

> hey can u please help me..still i am in dark..

> thanks for ur time and kindness

> Arun Devadiga

Tue, 15 Jun 2004 02:45:08 GMT
 Dynamic Method call ( Invoke method ) failing in service when compiled as ReleaseMinDependancy
Dear Friends..

I got my problem sovled...it was becoz of simple mistake i did..

thanks for ur time..

with regards

Arun D

Quote:
> 0xC0000005 = Access Violation in the code.

> --
> =====================================
> Alexander Nickolov
> Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> =====================================

> > hellooo Igor...

> > thanks for responding my problem..

> > The error logged in the event viewer is like this ( here source is
custom
> > source )
> > Description : ->Unknown error 0xC0000005  Source
> : ->CMessage->ExecuteMethod
> > Help File :   Help Context : 0  Error Code : 0

> > hey can u please help me..still i am in dark..

> > thanks for ur time and kindness

> > Arun Devadiga

Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:56:41 GMT

1. Calling a COM call back object's method fails if it is in Windows 98

2. Can call a VB ActiveX DLL's method using Invoke, but not directly

3. Tunnelling service methods into a single method

4. Invoking a method of the class CComDispatchDriver(Invoke N)

5. calling an interface method from another method in the same class

6. Calling a method from within a method, legal?

7. method call dynamic

8. How to call the COM method in Service Module

9. asynchronous call to a method in a WEB service

10. ATL generated code for IDispatch Invoke method is incorrect

11. How to invoke a static method of an object via reflection

12. returning results from dynamically invoked methods