Getting COM objects' file paths ?
Author Message
 Getting COM objects' file paths ?

Can we get a COM object's file path from its CLSID ?
Is there any support in ATL for this ?

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:08:58 GMT
 Getting COM objects' file paths ?
Try to make by yourself with CRegKey class helper.
If you want to get path of your module use GetModuleFileName function.
Michail
---

Quote:
> Can we get a COM object's file path from its CLSID ?
> Is there any support in ATL for this ?

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:03:41 GMT
 Getting COM objects' file paths ?
There is no direct support for it anywhere, since it is unclear why would
anybody ever want such a thing. If for some reason you need it, just read
the corresponding registry entry. Be aware of emulation issues - see
CoGetTreatAsClass
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:
> Can we get a COM object's file path from its CLSID ?
> Is there any support in ATL for this ?

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:09:06 GMT

1. Getting your app's path

2. Getting the application's path

3. Q: Getting Application's Path?

4. Getting Application's Path?

5. Getting the application's path

6. getting the path of the .exe after it's called

7. Getting the user's profile path for My Documents

8. Getting the application's path

9. Q: Getting Applications's Path

10. Getting Applications's Path

11. Can't Get File Path of a network file

12. COM dll's path has problem in register