capturing enter key in composite control
Author Message
 capturing enter key in composite control

Hi all,
I have a composite control with a default button.  This
default button fails to get the enter key, in other words
it does not act like the default button.  Does anyone
have any suggestions on how I can get this to work.  I am
using VC++ 6 and ATL.  Thanks,
Dave

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 02:45:04 GMT
 capturing enter key in composite control
Hi Dave,

You can override the IOleInPlaceActiveObjectImpl::TranslateAccelerator and
handle the enter key (call IsDialogMessage to handle the default button
messages.). Please check the article below for more information:

Q187644 PRB: ATL Controls Fail to Recognize Default Button on VB Form
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q187644

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------

| Subject: capturing enter key in composite control
| Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:45:04 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.atl
|
| Hi all,
| I have a composite control with a default button.  This
| default button fails to get the enter key, in other words
| it does not act like the default button.  Does anyone
| have any suggestions on how I can get this to work.  I am
| using VC++ 6 and ATL.  Thanks,
| Dave

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:43:36 GMT

1. why my Composite Control can't capture the command message send by child common control

2. capture 'enter key'

3. How to capture Enter Key Press??

4. Capturing Enter key without "bing" sound

5. A composite control calling another composite control in web browser

6. Composite control hosted by a composite control.

7. cannot trap the enter key using atl control that is hosted in a container

8. Trapping ENTER key to move to next control

9. list control - no response to enter key

10. Controlling "Enter" key behavior in Wizards

11. what event do i use to capture keys for myedit control

12. capture RETURN key on CEdit control?