GetActiveObject / GetIDsOfNames returns E_NOIMPL
Author Message
 GetActiveObject / GetIDsOfNames returns E_NOIMPL

I have created ATL composite control residing in a dll.
In the OnInitDialog I call RegisterActiveObject method
to register object in the ROT.

I want to connect to my running object from another application
and call its methods (exposed in IDispatch based interface).

I have acquired reference to the IDispatch interface of the running
object by calling GetActiveObject function. However subsequent GetIDsOfNames
call fails with E_NOIMPL error code (0x80004001 - Not implemented.)

If I create a new object with CoCreateInstance GetIDsOfNames works OK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pawel

Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:36:59 GMT

1. GetIDsOfNames help

2. problem with parameter 2 of GetIDsOfNames

3. DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME from GetIDsOfNames

4. IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames (newbie)

5. DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME from GetIDsOfNames

6. DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME from GetIDsOfNames

7. IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames (newbie)

8. Question on GetIDsOfNames

9. Use of GetIDsOfNames for methods

10. ActiveX Collections, Containers, GetIdsOfNames, LPDISPATCH

11. GetIDsOfNames Halts

12. InvalidCastException - GetActiveObject("VisualStudio.DTE")