Problem debugging VB COM object from a ATL-Service
Author Message
 Problem debugging VB COM object from a ATL-Service

Hi NG!

I have a VB COM object which I want to call from an NT-Service build with
the ATL-COM Wizard.
The compatibility in VB is set to "binary compatibility".

I have build the wrapper-class using

#import MyVbComObject.dll

I create the object using smart-pointers like

  _CMyVbComObjectPtr  pS;
  hr = pS.CreateInstance(CLSID_CMyVbComObject, 0, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER);

This works fine if not the VB COM-Server running in debug mode.
If in debug mode the pS.CreateInstance fails (hr = 0x80029C4A something like
"Error loading Typelib/DLL" - I have german NT so this is my translation)

Does anyone know how to solve my problem?

Thank for listening
Helmut

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ATL Service instantiating a VB com object

2. Connection points between a VB COM-based and ATL COM-based (NT Service) MTA

3. Problem with scripting context when using VB com object inside VC com object

4. Problem using a VB COM object in ATL project

5. ATL COM object can't get arrays from VB in VB/VC6

6. ATL COM object can't get arrays from VB in VB/VC6

7. Problem with COM object creation with a COM service

8. breakpoints aren't hit when debugging ATL/COM Service(EXE)

9. breakpoints aren't hit when debugging ATL/COM Service(EXE)

10. ATL Service with COM Object called by ISAPI Extension

11. Instantiating com object in atl service

12. ATL COM object in VB w/DAO runs out of Stack Space