Force DLL Unload ?
Author Message
 Force DLL Unload ?

I am playing around with an ATL event sink for SMTP.

It would appear that the dll will not unload from memory once an event has
been sunk. This is probably not a problem when I have finished the dll, but
during development it is becoming a pain to have to reboot to be able to
create each incremental version.

Is there a way of listing all dll's that are in memory and a way of forcing
them out of memory?

Thanks.

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:11:30 GMT
 Force DLL Unload ?
Ok I'll answer my own question - or work around but is there a more general
way.

RESTART inetinfo!

Quote:
> I am playing around with an ATL event sink for SMTP.

> It would appear that the dll will not unload from memory once an event has
> been sunk. This is probably not a problem when I have finished the dll,
but
> during development it is becoming a pain to have to reboot to be able to
> create each incremental version.

> Is there a way of listing all dll's that are in memory and a way of
forcing
> them out of memory?

> Thanks.

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 10:47:39 GMT

1. DLL Gurus!!! - Loading/unloading extension DLLs dynamically

2. DLL with Control is not unloaded

3. dynamic DLL loading and unloading

4. Problem when unloading the ATL ActiveX dll from the container

5. Dll not unloading

6. Unload DLL which has been loaded with LoadTypeLib?

7. CComObjectCached with dll unloaded?

8. Unloading dlls

9. How can I unload com dll?

10. COM DLL unloads forcibly....

11. What conditions cause a COM DLL to unload?

12. Problem in unloading Dll