How to importlib msvbvm60.dll\3
Author Message
 How to importlib msvbvm60.dll\3

Hi, I am writing IDL to make a TLB file. This tlb file is for my team
members, they are vb programmers. I must import some types which are defined
in the library named VBRUN. If open vb6 references dialog, I can find VBRUN
is "Visual Basic runtime objects and procedures", its location is
"c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll\3". Another library VBA-"visual basic for
applications", its location is "c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll". I tried
writing the following in my idl file:

    importlib("c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll");    // error, can not find
type i want
    importlib("c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll\3");  // error too

If use oleview to view typelib of msvbvm60.dll, I can only find types of
VBA, no types of VBRUN.
My problem is how to importlib from VBRUN, that is msvbvm60.dll\3. I am
using vc6, my os is win2000pro.

// end

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:21:21 GMT
 How to importlib msvbvm60.dll\3
In Visual Stuio, do File | Open. In "File Name" box, type
c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll  . In "Open As" drop-down list, choose
"Resources". Hit OK. You will see a tree showing all resources in this
DLL. Expand "TYPELIB" branch. Righ-click on "3", choose Export. Type any
file name with TLB extenstion, say VBRun.tlb , and hit OK. You can now
use this TLB as usual.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hi, I am writing IDL to make a TLB file. This tlb file is for my team
> members, they are vb programmers. I must import some types which are
defined
> in the library named VBRUN. If open vb6 references dialog, I can find
VBRUN
> is "visual basic runtime objects and procedures", its location is
> "c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll\3". Another library VBA-"visual basic
for
> applications", its location is "c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll". I
tried
> writing the following in my idl file:

>     importlib("c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll");    // error, can not
find
> type i want
>     importlib("c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll\3");  // error too

> If use oleview to view typelib of msvbvm60.dll, I can only find types
of
> VBA, no types of VBRUN.
> My problem is how to importlib from VBRUN, that is msvbvm60.dll\3. I
am
> using vc6, my os is win2000pro.

> // end

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:54:17 GMT
 How to importlib msvbvm60.dll\3

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 How to importlib msvbvm60.dll\3
I got vbrun.tlb according to your way. But I can only use interfaces in it,
all enums seem not to be available. My sample code below.

// test.idl
[
 uuid(5351aa80-35e5-4600-ab7d-18708332e5b1),
]
library test
{
     importlib("c:\vbrun.tlb");

     typedef struct
     {
          long                x;
          AsyncTypeConstants  a;    // this is an enumerated type defined in
VBRUN, vc6 outputs this error: error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting a
type specification near "AsyncTypeConstants"
          EventInfo*          b;    // EventInfo is a interface defined in
VBRUN, no error
     } TEST_STRUCT;

Quote:
}

// pls help
// Thanks.

Quote:
> In Visual Stuio, do File | Open. In "File Name" box, type
> c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll  . In "Open As" drop-down list, choose
> "Resources". Hit OK. You will see a tree showing all resources in this
> DLL. Expand "TYPELIB" branch. Righ-click on "3", choose Export. Type any
> file name with TLB extenstion, say VBRun.tlb , and hit OK. You can now
> use this TLB as usual.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > Hi, I am writing IDL to make a TLB file. This tlb file is for my team
> > members, they are vb programmers. I must import some types which are
> defined
> > in the library named VBRUN. If open vb6 references dialog, I can find
> VBRUN
> > is "visual basic runtime objects and procedures", its location is
> > "c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll\3". Another library VBA-"visual basic
> for
> > applications", its location is "c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll". I
> tried
> > writing the following in my idl file:

> >     importlib("c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll");    // error, can not
> find
> > type i want
> >     importlib("c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll\3");  // error too

> > If use oleview to view typelib of msvbvm60.dll, I can only find types
> of
> > VBA, no types of VBRUN.
> > My problem is how to importlib from VBRUN, that is msvbvm60.dll\3. I
> am
> > using vc6, my os is win2000pro.

> > // end

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:38:23 GMT
 How to importlib msvbvm60.dll\3
Should be

enum AsyncTypeConstants  a;

--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> [...]

> > VBRUN
> > > is "visual basic runtime objects and procedures", its location is
> > > "c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll\3". Another library VBA-"visual
basic
> > for
> > > applications", its location is "c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll". I
> > tried
> > > writing the following in my idl file:

> > >     importlib("c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll");    // error, can
not
> > find
> > > type i want
> > >     importlib("c:\winnt\system32\msvbvm60.dll\3");  // error too

> > > If use oleview to view typelib of msvbvm60.dll, I can only find
types
> > of
> > > VBA, no types of VBRUN.
> > > My problem is how to importlib from VBRUN, that is msvbvm60.dll\3.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 02:06:27 GMT

1. msvbvm60.dll symbols on win2k

2. debug symbols for MSVBVM60.dll

3. Error when importing msvbvm60.dll

4. msvbvm60

5. MSVBVM60.TLH syntax error???

6. VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4

7. Difference in #import, #importlib, #include

8. Use of importlib

9. importlib problem with Visual C++ 6

10. ATL, importlib attribute, library attribute, ADO

11. VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4

12. importlib does not import enum type