Passing Interface pointer from local server to MFC app
Author Message
 Passing Interface pointer from local server to MFC app

Hi:
I have an MFC app that calls a com local server it
requests creation of an inproc server and passing back
pointer of the interface as an *IUnknown. When I use that
pointer (inside the MFC app) to call member function from
that inproc server I get error message: "The value of ESP
was not properly saved across a function call..."
Did I do anything wrong?
Thanks in advance
Imad,

Mon, 24 May 2004 03:22:04 GMT
 Passing Interface pointer from local server to MFC app
Forgot to QueryInterface.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Hi:
> I have an MFC app that calls a com local server it
> requests creation of an inproc server and passing back
> pointer of the interface as an *IUnknown. When I use that
> pointer (inside the MFC app) to call member function from
> that inproc server I get error message: "The value of ESP
> was not properly saved across a function call..."
> Did I do anything wrong?
> Thanks in advance
> Imad,

Mon, 24 May 2004 08:45:40 GMT

1. Implementing smart interface pointers in MFC app

2. ATL local server implementing 2 interfaces derrived from IUnknown

3. Passing a Pointer to Pointer to an Interface

4. Adding interface to local server

5. Passing object between 2 local apps

6. Compiling ATL-based COM Local Server as console app

7. problme of passing pointer of local variables

8. Local Server OK BUT Local Service FAILED

9. Passing interface pointer

10. Passing interface pointer from VC++ to VB

11. COM/ATL novice:passing object pointers through methods on a COM interface

12. proper way for passing com interface pointers