ActiveX control in ATL property page does not work
Author Message
 ActiveX control in ATL property page does not work

Has anyone ever tried to insert an ActiveX control on a property page in an
ATL project? I did and it does not work. When the program is run and you
call up the property page, it shows without any controls on it.
I suspect this is a bug from Microsoft, as I also tried it on the ATLPages
sample project that comes with the MSDN Library CD's.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Steps to repeat:

Build the ATLPages project from MSDN Library CD.
Run it as explained, the property page will show up nicely.
Insert RichEdit control on the property page and compile.
When you run the project now, an empty property page is shown.

Thanks, Jo Demuynck, MTS Systems Corporation.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX control in ATL property page does not work

Just replace

 public CDialogImpl<Cpg1>

by

public CAxDialogImpl<CPg1>

in the class declaration of your property page. Don't forget to add #include
<atlhost.h> in your stdafx.h file.

Hope this helps
Fran?ois Roussel

Quote:
> Has anyone ever tried to insert an ActiveX control on a property page in
an
> ATL project? I did and it does not work. When the program is run and you
> call up the property page, it shows without any controls on it.
> I suspect this is a bug from Microsoft, as I also tried it on the ATLPages
> sample project that comes with the MSDN Library CD's.

> Does anyone have a workaround for this?

> Steps to repeat:

> Build the ATLPages project from MSDN Library CD.
> Run it as explained, the property page will show up nicely.
> Insert RichEdit control on the property page and compile.
> When you run the project now, an empty property page is shown.

> Thanks, Jo Demuynck, MTS Systems Corporation.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX control in ATL property page does not work
This solves my problem, thanks a lot!

    Jo Demuynck.

Quote:

> Just replace

>  public CDialogImpl<Cpg1>

> by

> public CAxDialogImpl<CPg1>

> in the class declaration of your property page. Don't forget to add
#include
> <atlhost.h> in your stdafx.h file.

> Hope this helps
> Fran?ois Roussel

> > Has anyone ever tried to insert an ActiveX control on a property page in
> an
> > ATL project? I did and it does not work. When the program is run and you
> > call up the property page, it shows without any controls on it.
> > I suspect this is a bug from Microsoft, as I also tried it on the
ATLPages
> > sample project that comes with the MSDN Library CD's.

> > Does anyone have a workaround for this?

> > Steps to repeat:

> > Build the ATLPages project from MSDN Library CD.
> > Run it as explained, the property page will show up nicely.
> > Insert RichEdit control on the property page and compile.
> > When you run the project now, an empty property page is shown.

> > Thanks, Jo Demuynck, MTS Systems Corporation.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hosting ActiveX Control in ATL property page

2. Combobox in Property Page of ATL-ActiveX-Control

3. VB's mousepointer property not working when set from event of custom ATL control

4. Properties not working in RichEdit when wrapped with an ATL ActiveX Control created by the ATL control wizard

5. Can C# work out ActiveX controls?and as small as use ATL work

6. Property page : Debug exe not working with Release DLL (vc6)

7. Property Page and double-click does not work?

8. ActiveX control Property Page Problem

9. Creating an ActiveX control on a property page

10. Crash when invoking ATL control property page from Excel

11. How to make an ActiveX Control to Display Property Pages

12. ActiveX Control inside Property page