Exposing interfaces in a type library that are infact defined in another type library.
Author Message
 Exposing interfaces in a type library that are infact defined in another type library.

Did you importlib() the other TLBs?

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/
=====================================

Quote:
> Hi. I am relatively new to ATL and COM and have the following problem
> related to the generation of the TLB file when interfaces are being imported
> from another IDL file:

> For my imported interfaces, all functions that have parameters defined with
> the '[out, retval]' attribute are actually being generated in the TLB with
> just the '[out]' attribute. I noticed this by checking with oleview.

> The interfaces I'm importing (as well as their coclasses) are defined within
> libraries of other IDL files. I would just like to expose these interfaces
> to clients of my library. My library will be returning instances of these
> interfaces to its clients, and I'd like them to be available to both
> automation and vtbl clients.

> Has anyone ever had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks.

> Vinay Mandy

Sun, 29 May 2005 04:11:43 GMT

1. Exposing DirectDraw interfaces in a type library

2. Interface with Interface pointer from imported type library as argument

3. Interface returns user defined type???

4. Injection of other interfaces into a type library.

5. implementing interfaces from a type library

6. Reusing type libraries for reimplementing Interfaces

7. Seeing an interface in a type library

8. MessengerAPI type library - IDispatch enum type problem

9. HRESULT return type turns into void when adding class from type library

10. Type Casting between Base and Derived Type (Serialization of objects with Type members)

11. Variables and types of type "Type"

12. Accessing Dictionary Data type exposed in COM object