ATL Server sample crashes!!!
Author Message
 ATL Server sample crashes!!!

Hi all,

I am trying to implement a multi-threading app that will enable
content to be downloaded to mobile devices.  I need to perform some
validation on a request, but the majority of the time will be spent
actually writing data to the client (about 20 seconds I estimate on
average).  So, I tried the 'PooledAsync' sample
from the advanced ATL-server samples.  The default function in this will
pause between a time of .5 and 2.0 seconds.  Using the sample's
associated default.htm page, I go to superasync.srf using internet
explorer.  Hit F5 to refresh, and after about three or four presses
(in fairly quick succession), the thing crashes.

What's going on?

Have I missed the plot here?  It doesn't seem to demonstrate
multithreading to me!  Because I am expecting a potentially large
number of simultaneous clients, I was hoping to use this sample as a
starting point, so my questions are:

i)   what exactly does this sample aim to show?
ii)  does it work as intended?
iii) doesn't the crash indicate something is flawed?
iv)  could I implement my own threading system in the application
class, independent of ATL server's support?

Without multithreading, my app (for which I have already added a lot
of support for other stuff) will be largely useless.

Many thanks in advance,
Shane Porter.

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 05:31:27 GMT

1. ATL and OLEDB Samples for SQL Server

2. Visual C++ Samples: ATL Server

3. ATL Server multithreading (PooledAsync sample)

4. ATL Server crashes when statically linked to a DLL

5. Server name in ATL Server Application

6. Any updates in ATL/ATL Server in VC 7.1

7. Calling ATL server from ATL client problem

8. How to do this in ATL - raise event from a class function in ATL server

9. ATL Service calling ATL Out Of Process Server

10. Using AFX EXT DLL ATL objects in ATL EXE server

11. The crashing sample (using CHTMLVIEW)

12. microsoft sample asyncdemo crashes