Design Issue
Author Message
 Design Issue

To those who have been through the school of hard knocks builing ActiveX
controls...

I want my ActiveX control to display a dialog that shows configuration
information and real-time status on a TCP/IP link while continuing to handle
communiications in the background. Also, the user should be able to modify
properties and call methods while the dialog is displayed.

What is the best threading design for such a control?

Specifically, I need to make it free-threaded, don't I?

The dialog should be non-modal as well, I assume?

Ideally, I want the dialog and the business logic in the one control (a DLL
of course) and not have to create a separate COM .EXE  to display the
dialog.

Many thanks.

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:25:17 GMT

1. Menu design issue

2. C# Language Design Issues

3. Calling C++ from C design issue

4. Q:I: Database access design issue

5. Design Issue: What Should I Return??

6. Help on connection point design issue...

7. Need your opinions on this design issue

8. SQL xp design issue

9. A General design issues that I keep running into

10. more question on c++ virtual function - design issue

11. C++ Design Issue

12. NT/2k Services/MAPI/Outlook/SQL Design Issues