Something about interactive process creation in terminal service
Author Message
 Something about interactive process creation in terminal service

Erh, i'd like to create a process in a terminal window
using service as host for some reason in security. so i
built  empty service program using ATL and just added a
COM object. it's simple that this service has nothing to
do but using security context to enable COM object could
create anothing process. but i have some problem as
following:

1. i can't create a interactive process if specified
service user is different from the user logon. in another
words i can't see GUI interface...

2. when i specified logon system account setting and
enabled interactive destop to my service, what could i get
calling COM interface in termial window just got a window
appreaed in host machine window desktop(must i logon the
host machine can i see it), not in terminal window desktop
as i expected

i don't know how to find enough information about such
things. who can tell me some documents or URL i can use?
THX a lot. welcome e-mail community.

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:45:47 GMT
 Something about interactive process creation in terminal service
Any process launched by your service will run in its own workstation. If
your service is running under the security context different from the logged
on user, the workstation will be non-interactive.

You might want to do a little background reading at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllp...
e/window_station_and_desktop_creation.asp (watch out for line breaks)

It's possible but very involved to get the service to launch a process in
the default (interactive) desktop. You can gain some insight by examining
Keith Brown's Session Viewer code at
http://www.develop.com/kbrown/security/samples.htm. You will probably find
useful his Interactive Window Station/Desktop DACL Editor.

Good luck!

Quote:
> Erh, i'd like to create a process in a terminal window
> using service as host for some reason in security. so i
> built  empty service program using ATL and just added a
> COM object. it's simple that this service has nothing to
> do but using security context to enable COM object could
> create anothing process. but i have some problem as
> following:

> 1. i can't create a interactive process if specified
> service user is different from the user logon. in another
> words i can't see GUI interface...

> 2. when i specified logon system account setting and
> enabled interactive destop to my service, what could i get
> calling COM interface in termial window just got a window
> appreaed in host machine window desktop(must i logon the
> host machine can i see it), not in terminal window desktop
> as i expected

> i don't know how to find enough information about such
> things. who can tell me some documents or URL i can use?
> THX a lot. welcome e-mail community.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 03:20:41 GMT

1. problem: debugging a service while logged in via terminal services client

2. Interactive Windows Service

3. US-NY-Manhattan C/C++/Web programmers, Viacom Interactive Services

4. US-NY-Manhattan C/C++ Windows/Mac programmers, Viacom Interactive Services

5. US-NY-Manhattan C/C++/Web programmers, Viacom Interactive Services

6. Interactive NT Services

7. running interactive system service after user logoff

8. Hooks and interactive service

9. Logoff and interactive service

10. create interactive session from service?

11. Problem: interactive NT service crashes when using database/ODBC/OLE

12. Windows Terminal Services and COM