how to write a custom marshaller?
Author Message
 how to write a custom marshaller?

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to write a custom marshaller? I heard that using a
custom marshaller is faster than the default universal marshaller, is it
true? How would I go about writting it? is there any sample that I could
learn from?

I'm working on a ATL exe COM...

thanks a lot...
dan

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:08:09 GMT
 how to write a custom marshaller?
"Essential COM" by Don Box has some information on custom marshaling.
But honestly, about the only form of custom marshaling used anywhere
close to often is so-called Marshal-By-Value (MBV), useful for small
objects that are immutable after creation. See

http://www.sellsbrothers.com/tools/default.aspx#atlmbv

See also SmartEnumVariant at

http://www.sellsbrothers.com/tools/default.aspx?content=smartenum.htm

It uses some advanced techniques pertaining to custom marshaling, so it
may be useful as a sample.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anyone knows how to write a custom marshaller? I heard that using
> custom marshaller is faster than the default universal marshaller, is
it
> true? How would I go about writting it? is there any sample that I
could
> learn from?

> I'm working on a ATL exe COM...

> thanks a lot...
> dan

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:27:12 GMT

1. Free Thread marshaller

2. Ole Automation Marshaller

3. Writing a custom memory allocation lib - looking for pointers

4. how to write template for .dsp file in custom app project

5. "Writing a custom AppWizard"

6. stlport4 Has anyone written a custom allocator?

7. How to write a Custom serializer

8. writing a custom formatter for Xml serialization

9. i wrote a simple version of custom combobox,can anyone help me

10. How do you pass data to installer custom action written with C#

11. HOWTO : Design-time custom collection editing for custom control

12. Custom build commands for custom file types