Atl.dll doubt
Author Message
 Atl.dll doubt

Hi,
I have an atl component that is having MFC support and it is dynamically
linking to atl.dll
Can anybody knows whether any issues regarding atl.dll in different OS Say
(win 98 and win 2000)

Regards\Raghuram.k

Fri, 27 May 2005 18:25:43 GMT
 Atl.dll doubt
Yes.
There are issues. Mostly the come from different versions of ATL.dll

VC 6.0 comes with ATL.dll version 2.0
But some old product (from Microsoft) might install atl.dll version 1.0

Also I am not sure that SP1, ... 5 for VC did not change atl.dll. So some
programs compiled without SP could break you application (Just a
suggestion).

The point is you will be better of with statically linked version.

George.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have an atl component that is having MFC support and it is dynamically
> linking to atl.dll
> Can anybody knows whether any issues regarding atl.dll in different OS Say
> (win 98 and win 2000)

> Regards\Raghuram.k

Sat, 28 May 2005 03:09:54 GMT

1. .... a doubt about DLL

2. simple doubt-dll

3. Simple doubt-Dll

4. Doubt: DLLs and calling conventions

5. Doubts of beginner. (resource-only DLL)

6. DLL Registration Doubt(WINCE)

8. Using AFX EXT DLL ATL objects in ATL EXE server

9. Atl control dependency on atl.dll

10. ATL.MSM does not register ATL.DLL properly

11. Atl control dependency on atl.dll

12. Newbie question --- ATL dll using Wininet.dll