CAxWindow - Hosted Control's Window Handle
Author Message
 CAxWindow - Hosted Control's Window Handle

I am using CAxWindow to host an ATL Composite control
From the CAxWindow object, can I find/know the window handle for the hosted
control.
I want to post messages from the my application to the hosted control (For
certain cases, I want to avoid having interface methods in the hosted
control).
Thanks in Advance
Satheesh Thomas

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:44:33 GMT
 CAxWindow - Hosted Control's Window Handle
Query the control for IOleWindow and call GetWindow method.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I am using CAxWindow to host an ATL Composite control
> From the CAxWindow object, can I find/know the window handle for the
hosted
> control.
> I want to post messages from the my application to the hosted control
(For
> certain cases, I want to avoid having interface methods in the hosted
> control).
> Thanks in Advance
> Satheesh Thomas

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:56:00 GMT
 CAxWindow - Hosted Control's Window Handle
Thank You
It helped me.
Satheesh Thomas

Quote:
> Query the control for IOleWindow and call GetWindow method.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > I am using CAxWindow to host an ATL Composite control
> > From the CAxWindow object, can I find/know the window handle for the
> hosted
> > control.
> > I want to post messages from the my application to the hosted control
> (For
> > certain cases, I want to avoid having interface methods in the hosted
> > control).
> > Thanks in Advance
> > Satheesh Thomas

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 04:32:44 GMT

1. How to get a CAxWindow Hosted Control to draw when the Window is Not visible

2. Tabs does not work in webbrowser control hosted by CAxWindow in CAxDialogImpl

3. Satellite assemblies in Windows Forms controls hosted in IE

4. mfc control instantiated in atl composite control using CAxWindow wont destruct

5. Composite control hosted by a composite control.

6. CAxWindow::QueryHost and CAxWindow::QueryControl return E_FAIL

7. Get HANDLE to a WINDOW/Thread's Window

8. Handling 'Enter' in Edit Control

9. newbie question: 'handling' handle/callback

10. WTL: CAxWindow Control Container Coms?

11. CAxWindow control in loops

12. Creating control in CAxWindow ?