Callback Event lost
Author Message
 Callback Event lost

Hi,

I have a problem with DCOM server callback function when I use it on new
windows 2000 professional.

There are two components in the same machine, one is VB client (A1), one is
DCOM server (A2). A2 is a multithread C++ COM server, one of its thread
reads data from an ISAM database and feeds data to A1 by callback function,
so A1 will get data from A2Object_Received event. They work perfect on
WinNT40, but call back event doesn't work on Win2000. All other functions do
work. I have tried all different DCOM setting, and applied SP2 for win2000,
nothing is changed. I run it under debug mode, the callback function did
fired successfully, but VB side did not get it. the data just lost.

Please help. Thanks.

David

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:00:55 GMT
 Callback Event lost
I assume your server is MTA. Did you call CoInitializeEx on your
worker thread?

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have a problem with DCOM server callback function when I use it on new
> windows 2000 professional.

> There are two components in the same machine, one is VB client (A1), one is
> DCOM server (A2). A2 is a multithread C++ COM server, one of its thread
> reads data from an ISAM database and feeds data to A1 by callback function,
> so A1 will get data from A2Object_Received event. They work perfect on
> WinNT40, but call back event doesn't work on Win2000. All other functions do
> work. I have tried all different DCOM setting, and applied SP2 for win2000,
> nothing is changed. I run it under debug mode, the callback function did
> fired successfully, but VB side did not get it. the data just lost.

> Please help. Thanks.

> David

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 06:01:23 GMT

1. Losing focus LOSES BTN_CLICKED events!

2. Losing the m_hWnd in dialogs from callback function

3. CALLBACK, CALLBACK, CALLBACK?

4. Lost button event

5. Firing events lost & async sockets

6. ATL lost events

7. Events get 'lost'?

8. WSAEventSelect and WSAWaitForMultipleEvents: can events get lost???

9. ReadDirectoryChangesW loses events

10. Lost Mouse Events in Invisible MFC OCX

11. Identifying which control lost focus on button click event

12. Lost Event Handler