Subclassin an ATL control
Author Message
 Subclassin an ATL control

Hello,

I have created an activeX control with the DevStudio Wizard and added
some functionality to it. Now I want to subclass that control in
another project (on the source code level). Ideally I want something
like this:

class CMyNewCtrl : public CMyCtrl
{

}

The derived class should ideally have additional properties, message
handlers, etc.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Mike

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:52:19 GMT
 Subclassin an ATL control
With some amount of work, it should be possible. See
http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/com/7.htm and
http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/com/8.htm for the information on reusing
interface implementation. You will likely need CHAIN_MSG_MAP to reuse
message handlers in the base class.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have created an activeX control with the DevStudio Wizard and added
> some functionality to it. Now I want to subclass that control in
> another project (on the source code level). Ideally I want something
> like this:

> class CMyNewCtrl : public CMyCtrl
> {
> }

> The derived class should ideally have additional properties, message
> handlers, etc.

> Is this possible?

> Thanks,
> Mike

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:16:13 GMT

1. Howto make the data of one ATL control to other ATL controls

2. ATL Control & ATL Web Service

3. ATL ActiveX hosting (ATL Compisite Control)

4. Atl control dependency on atl.dll

5. Hosting ATL control in ATL app

6. Atl control dependency on atl.dll

7. ATL C++ control using MapPoint ActiveX control

8. ATL Full Control - mouse activation problems in Composite Control

9. ATL Full Control - mouse activation problems in Composite Control

10. Using ActiveX controls in ATL Composite control

11. Message Handling - Controls - ATL Composite Controls

12. How to invoke methods of contained ActiveX control from ATL Composite Control