COM dll builds but doesn't register
Author Message
 COM dll builds but doesn't register

To all,

I am building a COM dll that has three interfaces.  Each interface is pretty
simple with 3-4 methods a piece.  I inserted the first ATL object into the
project, added my methods and tested the component from a VB project.  It
worked great!  I added the next two interfaces to the project and their
methods and the project builds.  In fact, in the output window I do see that
it is performing registration but in fact it does not.

I tried to register the dll via the command line and I get this message -->
Load Library(xxxx.dll)failed - The specified module could not be found.

I have built a few (maybe 4-5) COM dll's in VC++ but have never run into
registration problems.  ANy help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the read,
Casey

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:22:57 GMT
 COM dll builds but doesn't register
If it matters any........the DLL is supporting MFC.  I am wrapping 3 MFC
classes with my 3 interfaces.

Casey

Quote:
> To all,

> I am building a COM dll that has three interfaces.  Each interface is
pretty
> simple with 3-4 methods a piece.  I inserted the first ATL object into the
> project, added my methods and tested the component from a VB project.  It
> worked great!  I added the next two interfaces to the project and their
> methods and the project builds.  In fact, in the output window I do see
that
> it is performing registration but in fact it does not.

> I tried to register the dll via the command line and I get this
message -->
> Load Library(xxxx.dll)failed - The specified module could not be found.

> I have built a few (maybe 4-5) COM dll's in VC++ but have never run into
> registration problems.  ANy help with this would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks for the read,
> Casey

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:28:54 GMT
 COM dll builds but doesn't register
Your COM DLL loads another DLL and that DLL cannot be located.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> If it matters any........the DLL is supporting MFC.  I am wrapping 3 MFC
> classes with my 3 interfaces.

> Casey

> > To all,

> > I am building a COM dll that has three interfaces.  Each interface is
> pretty
> > simple with 3-4 methods a piece.  I inserted the first ATL object into the
> > project, added my methods and tested the component from a VB project.  It
> > worked great!  I added the next two interfaces to the project and their
> > methods and the project builds.  In fact, in the output window I do see
> that
> > it is performing registration but in fact it does not.

> > I tried to register the dll via the command line and I get this
> message -->
> > Load Library(xxxx.dll)failed - The specified module could not be found.

> > I have built a few (maybe 4-5) COM dll's in VC++ but have never run into
> > registration problems.  ANy help with this would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks for the read,
> > Casey

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 03:35:41 GMT
 COM dll builds but doesn't register
Thanks for the tip.........After some investigation I found the culprit!

Casey

Your COM DLL loads another DLL and that DLL cannot be located.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> If it matters any........the DLL is supporting MFC.  I am wrapping 3 MFC
> classes with my 3 interfaces.

> Casey

> > To all,

> > I am building a COM dll that has three interfaces.  Each interface is
> pretty
> > simple with 3-4 methods a piece.  I inserted the first ATL object into
the
> > project, added my methods and tested the component from a VB project.
It
> > worked great!  I added the next two interfaces to the project and their
> > methods and the project builds.  In fact, in the output window I do see
> that
> > it is performing registration but in fact it does not.

> > I tried to register the dll via the command line and I get this
> message -->
> > Load Library(xxxx.dll)failed - The specified module could not be found.

> > I have built a few (maybe 4-5) COM dll's in VC++ but have never run into
> > registration problems.  ANy help with this would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks for the read,
> > Casey

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:22:55 GMT

1. Custom Build doesn't register ATL DLL

2. mfc dll doesn't register (I'm new at this)

3. _CrtIsValidHeapPointer failure while registering a COM dll built with /clr option

4. failure to register COM DLL during build in VC++ 7.0

5. DLL registered well but doesn't work on Win95

6. Building a console app that doesn't require mscoree.dll in Visual C++ .NET

7. COM dll's path has problem in register

8. ATL COM DLL won't register

9. Debug Build works Release build doesn't?

10. wrapping com dll doesn't work

11. why Can\'t create COM Instance After registering COM Server Successfully

12. Failing to register a COM component in Release build