problem accesing ORacle Using ADO in MTS
Author Message
 problem accesing ORacle Using ADO in MTS

Hii,
     i have an ATL com APartment Thread DLL to access my
ORACLE databae. i have used ADO inside my dll  to access ORACLE .
i have created ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset object
inside my dll as IPROC_SERVER only. Now i have put my DLL into
the MTS, and registered as Server . Now when i try to call my DLL from the
remote server, i am getting error message from the ODBC Driver.
I have used Microsoft Odbc for Oracle Driver.  The Error message is,
"[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed".

if i use ORACLE ODBC Driver, it says " [Oracle][ODBC]MTS Support Not
available , could not load ORAMTS.DLL" . Currently in my machine i don't
have this dll. Where it will be avilable..? do i need to reinstall any of my
ODBC software.

If i use my Dll, without registring into MTS, or if launch the dll as
INPROC_SERVER
mode , it is working fine.

Can someone help to to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Thalaiapan S

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:22:42 GMT
 problem accesing ORacle Using ADO in MTS
Hi Thalaiappan,

Thanks for using Microsoft products.

ODBC drivers often return non-fatal, informational connection messages to
the client as part of the connection process. The return code out of
SQLConnect or SQLDriverConnect is 1 (SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO), indicating
that the connection was successful, but additional information has been
returned.
Q197459 PRB: ADO 2.0 and Later Return Connection Messages to Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q197/4/59.asp

Also, note that the MS DTC service should be running on the MTS machine and
the Oracle machine and that the MTS service on both machines needs to
communicate in both directions.  Also, it is recommended that the MTS
versions be the same between the two machines.

The following KB articles are also helpful:
Q193893 INFO: Using Oracle with MTS and COM+
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q193/8/93.asp

Q191168 INFO: Failed to Enlist on Calling Object's Transaction
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q191/1/68.asp

Hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

Bill

You assume all risk for your use.

?2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:11:18 GMT

1. Help: Connect to Oracle via MTS using ADO?

2. problem while connecting oracle through MTS

3. free threaded ATL, MTS, ADO problem

4. Problem with ADO recordsets of recordsets under MTS

5. ADO/MTS/ATL problem

6. Distributed Transactions using the Microsoft ADO.NET Provider for Oracle

7. Insert blob data into oracle using ADO

8. Using OLE DB or ADO to connect Oracle and SQL Server

9. Question about using ADO to connect Oracle DB??Thank you

10. How to Operate Oracle BLOB Field Using ADO or OLEDB

11. ADO stored procedures from VC++ using ORACLE

12. FORMAT OF CONNECTIONSTRING TO CONNECT TO ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO