VB property page not updated due to event freeze
Author Message
 VB property page not updated due to event freeze

I have created a ActiveX control using ATL. All of the properties are
marked bindable and requestedit. When I edit the properties of the
control using the associated property page and apply the changes, the
VB property window is not updated because VB froze the events.
(Therefore, the FireOnChanged(dispid) is not called because the put_*
methods only fire the change event if m_nFreezeEvents == 0). If I
change the code to ignore m_nFreezeEvents, then the property window is
correctly updated.

Why does VB freeze the events when the property page is displayed?

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:48:01 GMT
 VB property page not updated due to event freeze
You should note the fact the event is not fired and when the events
are unfrozen fire OnChanged with DISPID_UNKNOWN. VB is supposed
to refresh them all in this case.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> I have created a ActiveX control using ATL. All of the properties are
> marked bindable and requestedit. When I edit the properties of the
> control using the associated property page and apply the changes, the
> VB property window is not updated because VB froze the events.
> (Therefore, the FireOnChanged(dispid) is not called because the put_*
> methods only fire the change event if m_nFreezeEvents == 0). If I
> change the code to ignore m_nFreezeEvents, then the property window is
> correctly updated.

> Why does VB freeze the events when the property page is displayed?

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 06:29:20 GMT
 VB property page not updated due to event freeze
Ok, thanks.
Quote:

> You should note the fact the event is not fired and when the events
> are unfrozen fire OnChanged with DISPID UNKNOWN. VB is supposed
> to refresh them all in this case.

> --
> =========================
> ============
> Alexander Nickolov
> Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> =========================
> ============

> > I have created a ActiveX control using ATL. All of the properties are
> > marked bindable and requestedit. When I edit the properties of the
> > control using the associated property page and apply the changes, the
> > VB property window is not updated because VB froze the events.
> > (Therefore, the FireOnChanged(dispid) is not called because the put *
> > methods only fire the change event if m nFreezeEvents == 0). If I
> > change the code to ignore m nFreezeEvents, then the property window is
> > correctly updated.

> > Why does VB freeze the events when the property page is displayed?

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:40:21 GMT

1. Property Page not Showing in VB

2. VB's mousepointer property not working when set from event of custom ATL control

3. Program Freezes when using CComboBox Control with Property Page

4. Property page and VB properties view synchronization

5. Property Page is not responsed to proper page

6. Property Pages in a Property Page

7. Property Pages Update

8. Updating the property page.

9. Update Property Page

10. Forcing property pages to update?

11. How to update info in another sheet of a property page

12. ActiveX events on a property page