WTL and MFC
Author Message
 WTL and MFC

Hello Friends,

I have created a ATL DLL project with WTL support using Visual Studio 6.0.
After enabling support for MFC, I am getting following error in
WTL include file "atlctrls.h"

d:\wtl70\include\atlctrls.h(1616): error C2065: 'ImageList_Read' :
undeclared identifier

Somewhere I read the above error is due to MFC Support.

How to rectify above error and can  WTL and MFC used in same project.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Prem

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:56:01 GMT
 WTL and MFC
What on earth would you use MFC for when you have WTL?
I've seen people mixing ATL and MFC who I always discourage
by pointing out to the WTL. But mixing WTL and MFC plainly
makes no sense!

Anyway, the MFC wizard inserts VC_EXTRALEAN in your StdAfx.h
file - remove it. Also, check the value of _WIN32_IE in your
project settings (or StdAfx.h). Define it to be at least as big as
the IE version required for the common controls features you
use in your code (0x500 is a reasonable value). Hope any of
these helps...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Hello Friends,

> I have created a ATL DLL project with WTL support using Visual Studio 6.0.
> After enabling support for MFC, I am getting following error in
> WTL include file "atlctrls.h"

> d:\wtl70\include\atlctrls.h(1616): error C2065: 'ImageList_Read' :
> undeclared identifier

> Somewhere I read the above error is due to MFC Support.

> How to rectify above error and can  WTL and MFC used in same project.

> Thanks

> Best Regards,
> Prem

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 02:25:29 GMT

1. IntelliSense in ATL/WTL show MFC functions....?

2. WTL - Very new to WTL - Trying to insert new COM object in WTL

3. Adding WTL to an existing MFC project

4. ATL+WTL+STL versus MFC

5. compliance problem between (WTL & [SDK/MFC])

6. Differences between MFC/ATL/WTL/STL

7. wtl 3.1 and MFC

8. WTL: Printing like Petzold using WTL? (and getting up-to-date WTL?)

9. US-TX-DFW DALLAS DEVELOPERS - Visual C++ / MFC / JUST ONE YEAR OF MFC ----MFC---MFC

10. VC++ managed and WTL - do they works together ??

11. MSNEWS: WTL 7.0 released!

12. WTL AppWizard with VS.NET - bug?