ISupportErrorInfo (manually)
Author Message
 ISupportErrorInfo (manually)

Greetings All,

I failed to implement ISupportErrorInfo when I originally created my COM,
and now I am attempting to add it in by hand.  I didn't think it would be
very difficult, but I seem to be missing something important preventing the
instantiation of ISupportErrorInfo.  I have so far:

* Added public ISupportErrorInfo to the class inheritances
* Added COM_INTERFACE_ENTRY(ISupportErrorInfo) to the COM_MAP
* Added implementation of InterfaceSupportsErrorInfo(..riid) to the cpp file

This yields a couple of instantiation errors and warning in files such as
ATLCOM.h and other standard libraries, also, I get an error that
InterfaceSupportsErrorInfo is not a valid method of my class.

I need it to support multiple interfaces so I don't believe I can use
ISupportErrorInfoImpl<>.

Help!

Thanks,
-Dale

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 03:58:49 GMT
 ISupportErrorInfo (manually)
You forgot to add the method to the class declaration in the header...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Greetings All,

> I failed to implement ISupportErrorInfo when I originally created my COM,
> and now I am attempting to add it in by hand.  I didn't think it would be
> very difficult, but I seem to be missing something important preventing
the
> instantiation of ISupportErrorInfo.  I have so far:

> * Added public ISupportErrorInfo to the class inheritances
> * Added COM_INTERFACE_ENTRY(ISupportErrorInfo) to the COM_MAP
> * Added implementation of InterfaceSupportsErrorInfo(..riid) to the cpp
file

> This yields a couple of instantiation errors and warning in files such as
> ATLCOM.h and other standard libraries, also, I get an error that
> InterfaceSupportsErrorInfo is not a valid method of my class.

> I need it to support multiple interfaces so I don't believe I can use
> ISupportErrorInfoImpl<>.

> Help!

> Thanks,
> -Dale

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 06:07:33 GMT
 ISupportErrorInfo (manually)
Doh, perhaps time for a Mountain Dew break....

Thanks Alexander.

-Dale

Quote:
> You forgot to add the method to the class declaration in the header...

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 06:09:38 GMT

1. ISupportErrorInfo question

2. ISupportErrorInfo Example

3. ISupportErrorInfo problems

4. ISupportErrorInfo - thread resurrection

5. How to work with ISupportErrorInfo ?

6. ISupportErrorInfo and VB

7. help ISupportErrorInfo used on DLL runnig on server

8. ISupportErrorInfo Issue

9. ISupportErrorInfo with MTS

10. ISupportErrorInfo with MTS

11. implementing IErrorInfo and ISupportErrorInfo interfaces

12. ISupportErrorInfo question.