Custom Build doesn't register ATL DLL
Author Message
 Custom Build doesn't register ATL DLL

The standard custom build step "Performing registration" fails no matter what I
do on one of my PCs.  Has anyone else had problems in this area?

The only thing different is that the PC was upgraded from Windows ME to Windows
2000 Pro.

I keep getting "Syntax Error" as the last line of output.
And the regsvr32.trg file is never created.

Wed, 19 May 2004 12:45:41 GMT
 Custom Build doesn't register ATL DLL

Quote:
> The standard custom build step "Performing registration" fails no
> matter what I do on one of my PCs.  Has anyone else had problems in
> this area?

> The only thing different is that the PC was upgraded from Windows ME to
> Windows 2000 Pro.

> I keep getting "Syntax Error" as the last line of output.
> And the regsvr32.trg file is never created.

For anyone else who may suffer this problem in the future, I have figured
this out.

When you upgrade a PC from Windows ME to Windows 2000 the environment
variable "Comspec" is pointing to the wrong command interpreter.

This variable should be changed from:
        c:\windows\system32\command.com
to:
        c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

The command.com is MS-DOS version 5.00.500
The cmd.exe is Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 (or near)

Sat, 22 May 2004 11:51:29 GMT

1. COM dll builds but doesn't register

2. mfc dll doesn't register (I'm new at this)

3. ATL ActiveX Server Object doesn't register

4. DLL registered well but doesn't work on Win95

5. Building a console app that doesn't require mscoree.dll in Visual C++ .NET

6. ATL COM DLL won't register

7. Debug Build works Release build doesn't?

8. ATL.MSM does not register ATL.DLL properly

9. ATL Controlcontainer doesn't follow VB's Screen.MousePointer

10. .rgs file doesn't register

11. Custom AppWizard doesn't create a correct DSP file

12. DoModal () doesn't woring with custom control