DLL registered well but doesn't work on Win95
Author Message
 DLL registered well but doesn't work on Win95

Hi.

I've developed ATL COM object witch is BHO (browser helper object) on WinNT
environment. It's working well on WinNT and Win98 but when I try to install
the application on Win95 (some old version of this OS) it is registered OK
(I see all registry entry are filled) but it doesn't start to work when I
launch IE. I see the IE band which is GUI of my BHO empty. My application
used log file output and according to the fact that log file doesn't appear
I understand that my application has never launched. I could understand if I
have been received some error during registration about some missing dll or
incompatible versions but it went smoothly.

Has someone encountered the similar problem?
Thank you.

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL registered well but doesn't work on Win95

Maybe you encountered the problem described in KB Article Q229970 "
FIX: Only One Browser Helper Object Will Load with Internet Explorer 5"

--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:
> Hi.

> I've developed ATL COM object witch is BHO (browser helper object) on
WinNT
> environment. It's working well on WinNT and Win98 but when I try to
install
> the application on Win95 (some old version of this OS) it is registered OK
> (I see all registry entry are filled) but it doesn't start to work when I
> launch IE. I see the IE band which is GUI of my BHO empty. My application
> used log file output and according to the fact that log file doesn't
appear
> I understand that my application has never launched. I could understand if
> have been received some error during registration about some missing dll
or
> incompatible versions but it went smoothly.

> Has someone encountered the similar problem?
> Thank you.

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL registered well but doesn't work on Win95
No. I have single BHO registered on my system. Moreover, my BHO has GUI
which looks like Explorer Bar and I can launch the BHO by opening this Bar
explicitly from View\Explorer Bar\MyBar. When I open the bar it appears
empty and I see that BHO has not been launched because there is no log file
that should be opened and managed by this BHO.

Thanks anyway.

Quote:
> Maybe you encountered the problem described in KB Article Q229970 "
> FIX: Only One Browser Helper Object Will Load with Internet Explorer 5"

> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> > Hi.

> > I've developed ATL COM object witch is BHO (browser helper object) on
> WinNT
> > environment. It's working well on WinNT and Win98 but when I try to
> install
> > the application on Win95 (some old version of this OS) it is registered
OK
> > (I see all registry entry are filled) but it doesn't start to work when
> > launch IE. I see the IE band which is GUI of my BHO empty. My
application
> > used log file output and according to the fact that log file doesn't
> appear
> > I understand that my application has never launched. I could understand
if
> > have been received some error during registration about some missing dll
> or
> > incompatible versions but it went smoothly.

> > Has someone encountered the similar problem?
> > Thank you.

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. mfc dll doesn't register (I'm new at this)

2. VC DEBUGGER doesn't seem to work with IE 4.0 on Win95

3. com sample doesn't work on win95?

4. VC DEBUGGER doesn't seem to work with IE 4.0 on Win95

5. _getpid() doesn't work for Win95?

6. VC DEBUGGER doesn't seem to work with IE 4.0 on Win95

7. VC DEBUGGER doesn't seem to work with IE 4.0 on Win95

8. Delay Load DLL doesn't work for C++ DLL

9. COM dll builds but doesn't register

10. Custom Build doesn't register ATL DLL

11. Calling function in managed dll from Unmanaged MFC Application doesn't work on XP

12. Debugger doesn't work for DLL?