bug in MIDL?
Author Message
 bug in MIDL?

Hello,

I have so many times now encountered what to me seems like a bug in the midl
compiler. Every now and then I get errors like this:

midl\oleaut32.dll : error MIDL2020 : error generating type library : LayOut
failed : IPDObjectLayerGroup

They can appear after I have added a property to an interface or added a new
object, I can often get rid of it by moving things around in the idl file,
moving things in or out of the library block, but I'd really like to know
what the real solution is..

thanks,

--
Sigurd Lerstad

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:03:38 GMT
 bug in MIDL?
which MIDL compiler version do you have? That from the MS SDK works fine for
me.

--

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:45:28 GMT
 bug in MIDL?

It may happens when you have an IDispatch-derived interface that has a
non-unique id for some method/property (usually when you derive it from
other IDispatch-derived interface)

Regards,
Vladimir Shcherbakov

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have so many times now encountered what to me seems like a bug in the
midl
> compiler. Every now and then I get errors like this:

> midl\oleaut32.dll : error MIDL2020 : error generating type library :
LayOut
> failed : IPDObjectLayerGroup

> They can appear after I have added a property to an interface or added a
new
> object, I can often get rid of it by moving things around in the idl file,
> moving things in or out of the library block, but I'd really like to know
> what the real solution is..

> thanks,

> --
> Sigurd Lerstad

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:02:53 GMT

1. midl compiler bug - msado15.idl

2. VC.NET - MIDL build bug

3. midl compiler bug?

4. MIDL bug using keyword "enable"

5. MIDL Bug?

6. Severe MIDL Bug

7. midl compiler bug?

8. Possible bug: MIDL properties missing in VS.NET 2003 Final Beta

9. BUG BUG BUG watch variable

10. Bugs Bugs Bugs galore

11. BUG BUG BUG / VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

12. dotnet MIDL compiler fails to generate .tlb for DownloadMgr.idl