Passing files across machines
Author Message
 Passing files across machines

I need to pass a file to a method that runs on a server (on a different
machine).
What is the best way? Should I pass simply a buffer containing the data, or
use IStream in
some way (how?) ?
I need to do this in several methods of the object.

Thanks in advance,
Furio

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:11:00 GMT
 Passing files across machines
Pass the filename to the server, let the server retrieve the file itself.

--
Jack Jia

Quote:
> I need to pass a file to a method that runs on a server (on a different
> machine).
> What is the best way? Should I pass simply a buffer containing the data,
or
> use IStream in
> some way (how?) ?
> I need to do this in several methods of the object.

> Thanks in advance,
> Furio

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 08:50:13 GMT

1. Problem when passing a large linked list data across machine using DCOM

2. Binary data file compatibility across machines

3. Binary data file compatibility across machines

4. why do structs have different sizes across machines?

5. _com_error thrown across machine boundaries

6. Data transfer across machines?

7. Printing is different across Windows 95 machines...

8. Passing string across socket object reference

9. Understanding reference counts on com objects passed across processes

10. Passing interface pointer across process space

11. Passing Arrays in ATL across an Exe(local process)

12. Passing Arrays in ATL across an Exe(local process)