ATL Objects & Registry entries with multiple interfaces
Author Message
 ATL Objects & Registry entries with multiple interfaces

I have an ATL object that I have been using. I needed to add a new interface
to it. I genned a new GUID, defined the interface in the IDL & implemented
it in the class using Class View. Everything  looks fine in the Class View
tab and when I import the library into my client app the interface info is
imported, etc. The problem is that there are no registry entries created.

I looked in the "REGSTRY" resource and found no entries for the interface
created and I suppose that there needs to be so when the server is
registered the interface is registered with the object.

Do I need to edit the registry resource in the server project?
Did I miss a step here somewhere?
Why is the registry resource so cryptic & how do you know what to add to it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Tory Bjorklund
Simplicity Software, Inc

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ATL Objects & Registry entries with multiple interfaces
Why don't you just use the Insert ATL Object wizard to accomplish this task
? It's easier than creating your new interface manually (it adds everything
you need to create a new interface, including the GUIDs, registry mappings,
etc.).

___________________
Raul Martins Fragoso

Quote:
> I have an ATL object that I have been using. I needed to add a new
interface
> to it. I genned a new GUID, defined the interface in the IDL & implemented
> it in the class using Class View. Everything  looks fine in the Class View
> tab and when I import the library into my client app the interface info is
> imported, etc. The problem is that there are no registry entries created.

> I looked in the "REGSTRY" resource and found no entries for the interface
> created and I suppose that there needs to be so when the server is
> registered the interface is registered with the object.

> Do I need to edit the registry resource in the server project?
> Did I miss a step here somewhere?
> Why is the registry resource so cryptic & how do you know what to add to
it?

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,

> --
> Tory Bjorklund
> Simplicity Software, Inc
> Remove NOSPAM and its mirror from my email address to reply.

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ATL Objects & Registry entries with multiple interfaces

Your server doesn't register interfaces unless they use TLB marshaling.
Build and register the proxy/stub DLL - it registers the interfaces.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> I have an ATL object that I have been using. I needed to add a new
interface
> to it. I genned a new GUID, defined the interface in the IDL & implemented
> it in the class using Class View. Everything  looks fine in the Class View
> tab and when I import the library into my client app the interface info is
> imported, etc. The problem is that there are no registry entries created.

> I looked in the "REGSTRY" resource and found no entries for the interface
> created and I suppose that there needs to be so when the server is
> registered the interface is registered with the object.

> Do I need to edit the registry resource in the server project?
> Did I miss a step here somewhere?
> Why is the registry resource so cryptic & how do you know what to add to
it?

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,

> --
> Tory Bjorklund
> Simplicity Software, Inc
> Remove NOSPAM and its mirror from my email address to reply.

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ATL Objects & Registry entries with multiple interfaces
I am just adding a new interface to an existing Object. Am I incorrect to
think that the ATL Object wizard is only used to add a new Object?

Quote:
> Why don't you just use the Insert ATL Object wizard to accomplish this
task
> ? It's easier than creating your new interface manually (it adds
everything
> you need to create a new interface, including the GUIDs, registry
mappings,
> etc.).

> ___________________
> Raul Martins Fragoso

> > I have an ATL object that I have been using. I needed to add a new
> interface
> > to it. I genned a new GUID, defined the interface in the IDL &
implemented
> > it in the class using Class View. Everything  looks fine in the Class
View
> > tab and when I import the library into my client app the interface info
is
> > imported, etc. The problem is that there are no registry entries
created.

> > I looked in the "REGSTRY" resource and found no entries for the
interface
> > created and I suppose that there needs to be so when the server is
> > registered the interface is registered with the object.

> > Do I need to edit the registry resource in the server project?
> > Did I miss a step here somewhere?
> > Why is the registry resource so cryptic & how do you know what to add to
> it?

> > Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks,

> > --
> > Tory Bjorklund
> > Simplicity Software, Inc
> > Remove NOSPAM and its mirror from my email address to reply.

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:35:45 GMT

1. Multiple Entries/User Interface

2. Copy Registry Entry Without Deleting Old Entry ~ function call parameters not correct

3. Copy Registry Entry Without Deleting Old Entry ~ function call parameters not correct

4. ATL Smartpointers and multiple interfaces

5. Access to multiple interfaces of an ATL component from VBScript

6. ATL: Multiple Inheritance and Interface Resolution?

7. ATL or MFC - creating a non-trivial ActiveX ctrl that supports multiple interfaces

8. Why is the Prog-Id of the ATL-com-object not found in the registry

9. Using multiple interfaces of a COM object

10. Multiple Interfaces for same object

11. Multiple objects using same interface

12. Multiple Objects/Interfaces - not registering