How does ATL support aggregation
Author Message
 How does ATL support aggregation

Hi,

I have COM object MiConnection which supports aggregation, the base class is
CComObjectRootEx<CComSingleThreadModel>

I would like to create new COM object MiSearch which should aggregate that
object.

How to do this using ATL ? I tried to add

DECLARE_POLY_AGGREGATABLE( CMiConnection )

to CMiSearch, object MiSearch includes only interface MiConnection but not
MiSearch. What is the problem ?

Regards,
Martin

Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:56:54 GMT
 How does ATL support aggregation
DECLARE_POLY_AGGREGATABLE, DECLARE_AGGREGATABLE and so on are used in
the object intended to be aggregated (inner object), not the outer
object. See KB Article Q173823 "HOWTO: Aggregate a COM Object with ATL"
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have COM object MiConnection which supports aggregation, the base
class is
> CComObjectRootEx<CComSingleThreadModel>

> I would like to create new COM object MiSearch which should aggregate
that
> object.

> How to do this using ATL ? I tried to add

> DECLARE_POLY_AGGREGATABLE( CMiConnection )

> to CMiSearch, object MiSearch includes only interface MiConnection but
not
> MiSearch. What is the problem ?

> Regards,
> Martin

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:34:54 GMT

1. Support aggregation

2. IS it necessary for MTS object tp support aggregation

3. atl 7.0 and attributed aggregation

4. Aggregation in ATL

5. Question about aggregation using ATL and _com_ptr_t

6. attributed aggregation atl 7.0

7. ATL service and aggregation.

8. ATL and aggregation

9. Doing relative paths in ATL Server?!?

10. Simpler way of doing things in VC7 ATL?

11. ATL and doing things the wrong way

12. Extending ATL Server Webservices Data Type support